La Clinica de La Raza
Who we are: La Clínica de La Raza is a community-based health center committed to providing culturally appropriate, high-quality, and accessible health care to the diverse communities of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have spent over 40 years advocating for and creating a health home for the many that have been denied access to care. As health care activists, we are dedicated to making sure individuals who do not have health coverage get the same level of quality healthcare as those who have it. From our genesis as a community health center in 1971, we understood that we cannot heal our communities without also addressing the economic and social factors that affect health. Many times, this requires that we go outside and provide services in other settings to build the bridge that links individuals to our health center for preventive and primary care. Over 90,000 individuals come to La Clínica because it is a welcoming place that addresses the whole person, coordinating and connecting them to a broad network of services to improve and maintain their health and well-being. While we are still known for our activism and spirit of social justice, we are also proud to have grown into a sophisticated provider of primary health care services with 35 sites across Alameda, Contra Costa and Solano counties.
Who you are: The individual in the position is responsible for compiling payroll records and reconciling payroll data to the general ledger. Will process payment of health insurances and reconcile vendor's records and accounting for cafeteria plan data. Will analyze and reconcile payroll accounts to the general ledger and ADP records. Provides assistance with accounting tasks reconciling general ledger and subsidiary ledgers in cash receipts, payroll and month end closing.
Major Areas of Responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Monitors Payroll accounts and reconciles to General Ledger. Processes vacation accruals for agency, provide back-up to current payroll accountant. Compiles payroll data such as hours worked, benefits and tax deductions, union dues to be withheld, and processes employee time cards, adjusting employee records for change in wage rates, benefits and tax deductions, tracing and correcting errors.
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Records changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Records data concerning transfer of employees between departments, pro-rates expenses to be debited or credited to each department for cost accounting records. Keeps records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
- Prepares and issues paychecks. Processes payment of health insurance and reconciles vendor's records and accounting for cafeteria plan data.
- Provides accounting back up for cash receipts, disbursements/accounts payable, and the fixed assets accountants.
- Assists with special needs to make change at multiple cashiers and obtains change funds from Banks.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Knowledge of clerical methods and practices and procedures that relate to bookkeeping, accounting and payroll practices as well as familiarity with ADP payroll system or other payroll system.
- Must have knowledge of SAGE and MIP.
- Ability to learn and retain a large number of rules and regulations and apply these on a consistent basis.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff as well as vendors.
- Ability to type 35 wpm, use 10 key calculator by touch and site essential with knowledge of MS-Excel and Word comp
- Requires one/two years minimum experience with a minimum of 12 units of accounting courses; and one/two years performing functions of a bookkeeper/payroll clerk.
- Experience in preparing A/P, A/R, bank reconciliation and reports essential.