GBSD Systems Engineering Manager 2 -Wing Data Simulator – 1953-2
Requisition ID: R10039763
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Wing Data Simulator Technical Systems Engineering Manager 2. This position will be located in Colorado Springs, CO and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program SDS Division.
The Wing Data Simulator Technical Lead position will be responsible for leading all aspects of development for a complex software/hardware application. This is a dual-hatted position involving both technical leadership as a senior contributing engineer and functional management of directly reporting engineers.
The technical responsibilities of the position require strong Systems Engineering experience/instincts and the ability to develop a methodical approach to solving complex, multi-faceted development challenges. The Tech Lead will join a software/hardware development project that is still in the early stages of definition and development, and it requires the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment where processes are not fully defined. Experience with the software development and software-hardware interface domains would be useful to better understand and oversee product development. This project executes in an Agile (Scrum) fashion, and this position will need to oversee and collaborate with a team of Product Owners. Strong team leadership and mentorship experience is needed, and this position is expected to lead and develop a group of technical leaders. Major technical challenges for this product include complex use case development, Critical Design Review preparation, and managing the prioritization of capability requests from multiple stakeholders. This position will lead the resolution of these activities.
As a manager, the Tech Lead will be expected to develop and mentor a team of engineers. The Tech Lead will perform all functional management duties for their direct reports, including career development/opportunity management, goal setting, promotion planning, execution of the annual performance review process, and providing regular performance feedback. The Tech Lead can expect to spend 20-25% of their time on manager-related activities.
- Bachelors Degree in STEM & 6
- At least 1 year experience leading a project and/or driving performance against schedule
- Active and current Secret clearance and ability to obtain PAR
- Systems Engineering experience with all phases of "Systems Engineering V" - Design, Requirements, Use Cases, Test, Deployment, Analysis, Maintenance
- Experience with requirements management using DOORS
- MBSE experience using at least SysML and DoDAF
- Experience with model development using Cameo
- Experience leading a project through major design reviews such as CDR, including development of design artifacts
- Experience with Agile development
- Modeling and Simulation experience
- Familiarity with software development processes
- Strong technical leadership experience providing technical guidance and vision to a team of engineers
- Experience with complex use case development involving many actors and multiple product variants
- C++ development experience
- Web development experience
- Experience with GUI development and design
- Experience with embedded systems
- Experience with hardware-software interfaces
- Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems
- Experience with model development using Rhapsody
Salary Range: $130,500 USD - $195,700 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.