Spring 2023 UIUX Co op
Johnson & Johnson
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies include Auris (robotic surgery), Biosense Webster (Arrythmias), Cerenovus (Neurovascular), Depuy Synthes (Orthopaedics), Ethicon (General Surgery), Mentor (Breast Aesthetics), Sterilmed (Sterilization), and Janssen (Pharmaceuticals).
To learn more about Design at Johnson & Johnson, visit design.jnj.com
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (JJMDC) Industrial Design and Human Factors (IDHF) organization is seeking exceptionally talented, multi-faceted UIUX Design students to join our global team. To drive the best-in-class experience, the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Industrial Design & Human Factors (IDHF) organization seeks dynamic, extraordinarily disciplined, UIUX Co-ops who are passionate about improving the quality of people's lives through the design of remarkable user experiences.
Our IDHF organization is responsible for user-centered aspects of new product development, and partners with cross-functional research and development teams to bring solutions to market. We immerse ourselves in the users’ environment; use the design process to organize complex information in an actionable way; leverage technology, human factors, and creativity to illuminate possibilities; and test with end users to refine concepts until the best solution is achieved. We are a collaborative team dedicated to improving patient outcomes, by delivering exceptional user experiences to healthcare professionals.
This position supports our Cincinnati, OH and Raritan, NJ offices and will serve as an integrated team member with the designers at those respective locations. The Co-op duration will run from January to May 2023 .
- Synthesizing large amounts of information to drive understanding for internal team members and external partners. Examples include analyzing user research, auditing the competitive landscape, crafting research into compelling presentations.
- Evaluating UI usability, mapping user flows, defining information architecture, and wireframing new features based on Engineering, Human Factors, and User-Centered Requirements.
- Assisting with pixel-perfect screen layouts - refining hierarchy of elements and building screens using assets from our design system.
- Prototyping micro interactions via a UI prototyping tool such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision and/or After Effects.
What We Offer You:
- Collaboration & mentorship with world-class designers working toward the common goal of positively impacting the health of humanity
- Dynamic and respectful work environment where we live by the J&J Credo
- Challenging work that will push you to explore, ask questions, and grow as a designer and a professional
- Experience working for global company
- Opportunity to have direct impact on billions of people
- Competitive compensation
- Enrolled in an accredited college/institution pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Interaction Design, HCI, or Human Experience Design with an Interaction Design Focus. Only students in their second year of bachelor’s or above with a 3.0 GPA will be considered.
- Students must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship.
- Ability to distill information accurately with a strong attention to detail, quality, and process.
- Ability to identify patterns, connections, discrepancies, and narratives not immediately apparent, and format the information into maps or workflows that will guide the overall design process.
- Understanding of user-centered design principles, methodologies, and best practices; particularly as applied to information visualization for static and interactive environments.
- Understanding of Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) conventions, and experience in creating interactive prototypes.
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and current design software (Adobe Creative Suite and Interaction Design applications, such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, XD, and/or Principle).
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.