Regional Sales Manager, SSD and GOBI - Spain & Portugal
EBSCO Industries, Inc.
EBSCO International is the international operations group of EBSCO Information Services (EIS). EIS provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases - all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, Massachusetts, USA, EIS employs more than 2,700 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and outstanding team. EIS is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. Our mission is to transform lives by providing relevant and reliable information when, where, and how people need it. We are looking for bright and creative individuals whose unique differences will allow us to achieve this inclusive mission around the world.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the sale of EBSCO subscription services; eBooks; and other products as assigned to librarians in the academic, biomedical, and corporate market. Subscription formats include electronic and print. You are selling EBSCOs ability to provide effective management services including streamlining workflow, increasing usage of content, optimizing journal management services for collection development, and selling auxiliary services including a usage statistics product. The Regional Sales Manager will work closely with others in the organization, to grow accounts, close new sales, and maximize customer loyalty to retain business.
- Work with EBSCO Sales Management to define and establish sales projections for SSD in the assigned territory and markets. These projections will be based on fiscal year total and possibly, other periods of time as deemed appropriate.
- Personally visit designated accounts in the assigned territory and markets to sell SSD and GOBI. Must meet set quota of 20 visits per month.
- Work closely and frequently with SSD support staff and customer service staff to properly service and sell to customers and prospects.
- Enter any/all relevant information related to sales in an EBSCO Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to ensure proper follow up and closure for each account.
- Attend designated conferences, meetings, trade shows or other events as assigned or needed to perpetuate sales.
- Serve as a visible spokesperson and expert for SSD and GOBI.
- Identify, and report, Strengths, Weaknesses, Threats, and Opportunities (SWOT) to the sale and success of SSD and GOBI.
- Help develop specific sales plans and strategies to succeed.
- Work closely with EBSCO management to effectively price SSD and GOBI.
- Provide input and review Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Proposal (RFPs), and bids for SSD and GOBI.
- Provide EBSCO colleagues and management with competitive intelligence as warranted.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A Bachelors degree from an accredited institution.
- Languages: Spanish (required), English (required) and Portuguese (desired)
- Face-to-face selling experience.
- Relationship selling experience.
- Experience in the library industry a plus.
- A track record of achieving assigned sales projections or quotas.
- Must be able to travel consistently and sufficiently to achieve assigned sales projections or quotas. The percentage of time expected to be traveling is 50% overnight.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be goal-orientated. On a regular basis define and refine, goals related to the job and how it helps EBSCO to achieve its mission in writing.
- Competency in the use of personal computing, tablets, and other mobile devices to perform business functions including, Email communications, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Competency in the use of the Internet with the associated ability to effectively demonstrate SSD and GOBI products and services.
- Must reside in the assigned territory.
- Must possess of a valid drivers license.
- Must be comfortable and confident with public speaking and making presentations to audiences ranging in size from one to several hundred people.
- Must possess excellent time-management skills setting appointments two to three weeks or further ahead of time.
- Must be highly self-motivated and a self-starter with the proven ability to work independently.