Manager, Financial Consolidation
- Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee and Big Bite. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee and with over 77,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
About This Opportunity
The primary purpose of the Manager of Financial Consolidation is to support and lead Enterprise teams in managing yearly budgets, to track monthly expense spend, and to develop automation (where applicable) for the simplified management of budget. This individual will be responsible for the consolidation of forecasts and budgets for the total company while managing monthly P&L variance analysis and long-term strategic plans
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to learn company’s in-house financial systems and become a departmental and company expert, with the ability of training others in tools.
- Organization of annual budget, communicating with senior Leadership and Finance leaders on status. Assist functional areas with Business Plan review and departmental budgeting.
- Analysis of variances and identification of budget gaps.
- Consolidation of budget and responsibility for submissions of budget to Oracle Monthly variance analysis.
- Assist in bi-monthly forecast processes.
- Formation of monthly MBR decks, understanding variances to Previous/Current Year Budgets.
- Responsible in maintaining financial planning systems, while developing new tools to automate processes.
- Create controls to ensure headcount is properly accounted for in line with due governance.
- Assist in LRP scenarios, LTI cases, and Mid-Year Plan development, all in coordination with CFO and financial Leadership team intent.
- Maintain as well as create information, reports, models, etc in partnership with the Enterprise FP&A function for OSG&A spend.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelors/4 Year Degree, Graduate Degree a Plus
- Year of Relevant Work Experience: 7+ years
- Years of Management Experience: NA
- Certifications / Licenses: NA
Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage multiple direct reports.
- Expertise in FP&A, P&L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow, basic accounting principles.
- Experience with Financial ERP Systems, Microsoft Suite, SQL, data analysis and financial modeling.
- Solid analytical skills, ability to communicate across the organization and manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Aptitude and inclination to partner with business units.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to build trust with senior Leaders, both in person and over the phone.
- Attention to detail but can still see the big picture, obsesses over documentation.