Accounts Receivable Specialist
The START Center for Cancer Care
Date: 1 week ago
City: San Antonio, TX
Contract type: Full time
- Responsible for contacting sponsors regarding aging invoices, payment remittance details and payment status.
- Prepare invoices for patient visits and procedures for assigned locations.
- Reconcile all payments and maintain accurate aging of Accounts Receivable.
- Recognize issues that may arise when processing or performing all tasks assigned and report such issues to the manager.
- Perform an audit to ensure that all payments, or charges, are in balance or takes the appropriate action. Appropriate action includes communication with manager or controller.
- Use analytical skills to problem solve when discrepancies occur. If necessary, refers to manager or controller for assistance
- Able to answer basic Accounts Receivable process/billing questions posed by various internal/external parties in a timely and knowledgeable manner
- Works cooperatively within Accounts Receivable to ensure that all tasks are completed and necessary coverage for all individuals is achieved as noted by supervisory review. Exceeding this standard involves willingness to help whenever needed without being asked and prioritizing ones own workload to accomplish this
- Present a positive image through professional behavior and appearance
- Have great communication skills to liaise between several key stake holders
- Ability to cope with daily changes in schedule and ensure that work is being processed in appropriate timeframes
- Manages job-related pressures and stress in a professional and appropriate manner as observed by co-workers and supervisor
- Ability to cope with interruptions in daily routine and resume detailed work with limited time for reorientation
- Consistently ensure that information is kept private and confidential, releasing information only to appropriate individuals
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associates Degree / Some College course work preferred
- 2 years + experience in similar position
- Excellent communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment & be highly organized
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Products: Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Good organizational skills for accuracy and speed are necessary for use with an adding machine and for data entry into a personal computer
- Excellent stakeholder management ability you will be liaising with numerous Senior Leaders
- Must be flexible to changing work conditions, including daily duties and month end hours
- Work requires prolonged periods of concentration working on detailed reports