Exhibition Maintenance, Props & Scenic Technician (Part Time)
Meow Wolf is a social impact art project that fuels a business, and a business that fuels a social impact art project. We create immersive and interactive experiences that transport audiences into fantastic realms of story and exploration.
The Exhibition Maintenance will execute day to day maintenance on a variety of projects for Meow Wolf’s Omega Mart. This position will involve hands on fabrication and assembly of various projects as well as preventative maintenance. The Exhibit Maintenance will work closely with the Exhibition Manager in Las Vegas, to ensure all technical aspects in the exhibit function properly. They will also keep routine maintenance on the Exhibit Building. Primary responsibility will be keeping the show technical systems operational and building maintenance elements in good working order. They are also responsible for keeping an accurate record of work performed throughout the day.
Work with all Operations team members to make sure any immediately solvable problems are dealt with.
Check reports from the previous day to see what operations noted need to be addressed.
- Inspect all parts of art installations.
- Keep track of Tech Maintenance inventory.
- Clean and maintain shop areas.
- Work with other Ops teams to keep the exhibition fresh, and functional.
- Maintain show graphics, scenic pieces, and murals.
- Document all upgrades and changes.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required.
- Job Knowledge
- Communicating Effectively
- Problem Solving
- Creative Thinking
- An appreciation for the arts
- Prior work experience in a creative organization
- Prior work experience in a retail, museum, park, recreation facility, or other public space
- Prior work experience using lifts
- Experience in creative painting.
- Well versed in Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical, General Bldg. Maintenance.
- Desired Qualifications/Bonus Points For:
- OSHA 10 General Industry OSHA 10 Construction
- EPA Universal Card
- Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job primarily operates but not limited to an indoor setting with exposure to noisy environments, dim lighting, strong visual effects including strobing lights, special effects, fog machines and small and/or enclosed spaces. This also includes,
- Moving in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including enclosed spaces
- Remaining in a stationary position for prolonged periods
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Positioning or moving objects up to 75 pounds
- Use of maintenance tools and cleaning equipment, includes use of cleaning agents and chemicals
The employee will comply with company and OSHA standard workplace safety protocols. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a full-time position, working a minimum of 40 hours a week. It requires a flexible schedule to accommodate times the exhibit is closed to the public. Occasional evening, overnight and weekend work are required as job duties demand.
This position does not require supervisory responsibility
Travel is not required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Meow Wolf truly embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
JOIN MEOW WOLF
The organization is comprised of individuals who inspire creativity in people's lives through art and exploration, so that our combined imaginations can transform the world we live in. Every role is a vital component and thereby essential in creating exhibitions that will serve as anchors, borne in deep radical collaboration with local artists and communities, thus fueling our social impact initiatives. Each hire allows us to enhance our surrounding communities and the true source of our creativity, reputation, and vitality.
Meow Wolf is committed to our DIY roots and grassroots community support principles. To document that commitment, we converted our legal designation into a Delaware Public Benefit Corporation and have certified as a B Corporation. As a B Corp, we have a triple bottom line of supporting financial, social and environmental wellbeing in our community.
Our four areas of impact are:
- Respect for Creative Communities
- Respect for Collaborating Artists
- Respect for our Environment
- Respect for our Employees
The choices we make concerning our benefits during enrollment periods are among the most important we select for ourselves and our families. As part of the total compensation package for full-time employees, Meow Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes various options to meet individual healthcare and financial needs along with many perks.
- Medical Insurance options: PPO & HSA
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance Policy & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Voluntary Short-term Disability & Critical Illness Policies
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave for 12 weeks
- Discount off Meow Wolf Gift Shop Merch
- Admission to Meow Wolf attractions for employees and guests
- 401k Retirement Plan
- And more benefits specific to the location of the role
Please visit www.meowwolf.com/careers
for more information.
COME AS YOU ARE
Meow Wolf is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to ensuring all employees enjoy and thrive in a work environment where differences make us the vibrant, wonderful community we are! All employment decisions at Meow Wolf are based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veteran status, service in the military or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Part-time