Sales Consultant - Premier Wines Off Premise (Houston)
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits
What You Need To Know
Open your future to incredible career potential. Work for an industry-leader who invests in their people. Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits is North America’s preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with a 50+ year legacy of success. We were named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
Southern Glazer’s offers a competitive compensation package with a salary of $44000 / year plus incentives and auto allowance/reimbursement. This salary range is an average range for this position. In determining a final offer, the company will evaluate a specific candidate's education, skills and experience and will make an offer appropriately.
As a full-time employee, you can choose from a full menu of our Top Shelf Benefits, including comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans, tax-saving Flexible Spending Accounts, disability coverage, life insurance plans, and a 401(k) plan. We also offer tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, parental leave, vacation accrual, paid sick leave, and more.
At Southern Glazer’s, you’ll enjoy an environment where continuous learning and growth are supported and experience a culture where you are respected, and your voice is heard. If you’re looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY.
The Sales Consultant represents Southern Glazer’s in the market as a member of the Southern Glazer’s family. This individual is passionate, innovative, and self-motivated with a business-oriented and customer-focused mindset. The Sales Consultant’s primary responsibilities are to visit the customer, have the right consultative sales conversations, and increase sales revenue. Face-to-face consultative selling built on trusting relationships drives maximum value to our customer and supplier partners as well as to the SGWS organization.
- Build positive, credible, lasting customer relationships based on trust
- Discover and identify customer business growth needs
- Develop a customer business growth plan for each account and build a pipeline of selling opportunities to drive incremental sales above base business
- Analyze data and insights to increase sales, grow customer business, and better achieve objectives
- Regularly and consistently pre-plan account visits with an agenda, service purpose, and selling opportunities documented in CRM (Proof)
- Prioritize sales activities to achieve objectives based on each customer business growth plan
- Visit accounts regularly, capture visit notes, and build visit plans considering previous visit outcomes and document in CRM (Proof)
- Maintain deep knowledge of SGWS products and correctly present and position them in each account
- Propose selling solutions to each customer and win the sale using consultative selling skills
- Achieve internal SGWS and supplier objectives as prioritized by management
- Manage customer issue resolution, seek additional opportunities to support the customer’s needs, and support business growth by providing customers with useful information and guidance
- Adapt the selling approach based on each customer’s buying styles and individual business needs
- Be knowledgeable and experienced in all accounts staying current with what competitors are offering and how SGWS products are positioned relative to the competition
- Document and maintain account- and customer-specific information in CRM (Proof)
- Participate in sales meetings, on-site training, and supplier events as required
- Perform other duties as assigne
Additional Primary Responsibilities
- 21 years or older
- Able to analyze and understand data and information
- Able to leverage SGWS technology to perform duties and responsibilities
- Able to build and structure customer presentations and product proposals
- Proficient in using mobile devices (e.g., iPad, smartphone) and online communication techniques (email, posting, texting, etc.) in a professional manner
- Able to consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances
- Able to take responsibility for own actions and results; commits to providing a consistently high level of service to customers, suppliers, colleagues, and management
- Able to communicate effectively through various methods and express self clearly and concisely while appropriately tailoring the message to the audience
- Able to be nimble in ambiguity; be open to change; embrace innovative ideas
- Team player; works collaboratively with others
- Able to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Able to maintain a valid and current driver’s license
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Able to travel as needed
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time may include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or mobile device
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include walking, bending, reaching, standing, squatting, and stooping
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include driving throughout the day with segments up to 2 hours
- May require lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 56lbs
This position is deemed a safety-sensitive position. As such, any person who is given a conditional offer of employment will be required to pass a drug test.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits, an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazer's pay bands or ranges.