Director - Traditional and APP Pre-licensure Programs
Mount Carmel Health System
Employment Type:Full time
Program Director - Traditional and APP Pre-Licensure
Why Mount Carmel College of Nursing?
Mount Carmel College of Nursing (MCCN) is a specialized institution of higher education offering both undergraduate and graduate programs in nursing. Educating students for more than a century, Mount Carmel has been working to meet the demands of the nursing shortage by expanding programming for greater enrollment. With two central Ohio campuses, strong clinical partnerships, and a deep Catholic tradition, MCCN is among the largest and most unique baccalaureate nursing programs in Ohio, with enrollment of more than 850 students.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (geographic restrictions apply)
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
The nation's 14th largest city, Columbus, Ohio is one of the fastest growing major metropolitan areas in the Midwest – ranked #1 for population growth, #1 for job growth, #1 for wage growth, and #1 real estate market. And with a vibrant blend of professional sports, world-class attractions, creative cuisines, and a flourishing music and arts scene, you'll never be found wanting for entertainment and experiences to call your own in Columbus. Learn more at www.experiencecolumbus.com !
About the job:
Academic Program Director provides leadership in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of academic programs. Guides the implementation and assessment of academic policies related to curriculum, students and faculty specific to the Supervisory Program(s).
- Provides leadership in the management of the supervisory program(s) through curriculum development, implementation of innovations, systematic evaluation, and program planning and policy/process development .
- Advises on the hiring, supervision, and evaluation of program faculty including identifying programmatic needs for faculty recruitment and retention.
- Provides input regarding resources required to support the program, including faculty workload, adjunct, overload, and capital budgets, as well as establishing necessary fees to be fiscally responsible.
- Facilitates and evaluates resources for and processes of program implementation in collaboration with all relevant internal and external stakeholders and the Associate Deans, including but not limited to: Collaborating with Program Directors and faculty in the development of schema for course offerings, schedules and load assignments each semester in alignment with College expectations and policies. Evaluating and facilitating clinical, lab and simulation resources
- Participates in teaching responsibilities as workload permits.
- Advances high quality precision education and student success in collaboration with faculty, staff and leaders of the college.
- Oversees and advances student experience and program outcomes.
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships to advance program outcomes.
- Drives institutional diversity and cultural competence in alignment with the strategic vision of the College.
- Establishes standards for student eligibility, using internal and external data, and supports admission of high-quality candidates for the program(s).
- Ensures the achievement of regulatory, credentialing and accreditation standards including those relating to distance education.
- Collaborates with faculty to assure compliance with the policies and procedures of the College, MCHS, and Program .
- Oversees program curriculum development, including facilitation and approval for course curricula and program changes submitted to the Curriculum committee.
- Leads student engagement that fosters leadership and student outcomes.
- Promotes scholarship among faculty and students.
- Contributes to the fiscal viability of the program(s) through data-informed strategic decision-making and resource utilization.
- Ensures that the necessary approved revisions are made to marketing materials, undergraduate/graduate catalogs, and website, annually.
- Monitors the statistics on student progression, attrition, and graduation rates driving continuous quality improvement to meet and exceed benchmarks.
- Serves as a member/ex officio member on various shared governance committees, providing input and consultation regarding curriculum development, implementation, evaluation, and student outcomes.
- Monitors outcomes measures and provides data to the faculty and/or committees for process improvement.
- In collaboration with the Academic Dean, Associate Deans, Instructional Designer and others as appropriate, supports the planning, delivery, and evaluation of teaching and learning experiences required innovative and quality delivery of the curriculum.
- Participates and fosters the mentorship and academic advisement of students.
- Responsible for reports to accrediting and regulatory agencies specific to the supervisory academic program(s).
- Guides the strategic focus and facilitates the work of program council.
- Leads the resolution of colleague and student concerns as a member of the collaborative team .
- Collaborates with Program Directors, Student Service and Admission Department Directors in support of resources for quality program implementation, and student recruitment, admission, service and success.
- Leads program and process improvement in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to drive the achievement of program and college goals and strategic initiatives.
- Education: Master’s Degree in Nursing and earned doctorate in Nursing.
- Licensure / Certification: Must hold current active unrestricted licensure as an RN in the State of Ohio.
* Experience: Five years of clinical experience and five years of experience in higher education .
- Prior leadership experience preferred.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Eligibility for faculty appointment at Mount Carmel College of Nursing at the rank of assistant professor or higher.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.