Principal Financial Analyst (Open to Remote)
Battelle delivers when others can’t. We conduct research and development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clients—whether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
The Principal Financial Analyst works as part of the Business Unit Finance team providing financial support. Primary activities include Business Partnership and Advisor, Business Financial Services, Compliance and Governance, and Education and Growth. Independently applies knowledge to complete assignments within extremely tight and strict schedules.
BUSINESS PARTNER/ADVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently provides knowledge in Project Controls & Estimating functional requirements for all contract sizes and types
- Assist with pricing strategy, modeling, and analysis to improve win percentage and profitability
- Participate in proposal process for large, strategic opportunities including bid/no-bid decision and providing input to the cost and overall pricing strategy
- Identifies areas for improvement and cost savings
- Works collaboratively across the organization to resolve issues.
BUSINESS FINANCIAL SERVICES RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently provides Project Control and Estimating functional requirements for cost analysis and estimates for new business opportunities and project lifecycle financial management
- Prepares final proposal pricing in format required by the client
- Completes project set-up activities and works with Project Management to design and implement Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Supports Project Management and broader finance team with financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, execution, monitoring, and control
- Familiar with Battelle overhead-rate structure, accounting practices, and financial systems.
COMPLIANCE & GOVERNANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:,
- Works independently with Project and Finance Management to identify and mitigate business risk and supports Project and Finance Management with ensuring compliance with Government Contracting regulations and contractual terms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance; five years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and or experience in a related field.
- Master's degree.
Benefits: Live an Extraordinary Life
We care about your well-being, not just on the job. Battelle offers comprehensive and competitive benefits to help you live your best life.
- Balance life through a compressed work schedule: Most of our team follows a flexible, compressed work schedule that allows for every other Friday off—giving you a dedicated day to accomplish things in your personal life without using vacation time.
- Take time to recharge: You get paid time off to support work-life balance and keep motivated.
- Prioritize wellness: Stay healthy with medical, dental, and vision coverage with wellness incentives and benefits plus a variety of optional supplemental benefits.
- Better together: Coverage for partners, gender-affirming care and health support, and family formation support.
- Build your financial future: Build financial stability with an industry-leading 401(k) retirement savings plan. For most employees, we put in 5 percent whether you contribute or not, and match your contributions on top of that.
- Advance your education: Tuition assistance is available to pursue higher education.
- Flexible work arrangements: You have options for where you work and when you work.
A Work Environment Where You Succeed
For brilliant minds in science, technology, engineering and business operations, Battelle is the place to do the greatest good by solving humanity’s most pressing challenges and creating a safer, healthier and more secure world.
You will have the opportunity to thrive in a culture that inspires you to:
- Apply your talent to challenging and meaningful projects
- Receive select funding to pursue ideas in scientific and technological discovery
- Collaborate with world-class experts in an inclusive environment
- Nurture and develop the next generation of scientific leaders
- Give back to and improve our communities
Vaccinations & Safety Protocols
Battelle may require employees, based on job duties, work location, and/or its clients’ requirements to follow certain safety protocols and to be vaccinated against a variety of viruses, bacteria, and diseases as a condition of employment and continued employment and to provide documentation that they are fully vaccinated. If applicable, Battelle will provide reasonable accommodations based on a qualified disability or medical condition through the Americans with Disabilities Act or the Rehabilitation Act or for a sincerely held religious belief under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (and related state laws).
Battelle is an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers