Assistant VP- University Marketing
University of Houston
Provides leadership in the development, implementation and oversight of the University of Houston's marketing plans and campaigns. Develops and cultivates effective marketing strategies and campaigns that seek to educate, persuade, and mobilize stakeholders focused on brand awareness. Coordinates effective messaging strategies and output to enhance and grow the University's reputation.
- Collaborates to uncover insights and strategies to develop and implement marketing and branding strategies internally and externally.
- Understands key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analysis, campaign results, and consumer trends in order to translate results into actionable insights.
- Oversees the production of all materials used in traditional and online advertising and communications.
- Oversees the creative services team including graphic design, photography, and video production.
- Oversees projects for Marketing, administers budget and resources, and ensures UH policies and procedures are consistently followed.
- Provides senior leadership to University Marketing staff.
- Ensures the marketing team supports other administrative teams, including online marketing and user experience, web, mobile app, brand management, licensing, trademarks, academic communications, and media relations.
- Stays apprised of online engagement strategies across all digital media platforms.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Additional Job Posting Information:
1. Extremely strong strategic planning and organizational skills evidenced by a proven track record of developing and implementing effective marketing strategies in organizations of significant size and scope
2. Keen understanding of marketing principles, analytics, market segmentation, target marketing strategies, tactical execution, brand equity development and planning
3. Experience with quantitative analysis and research
4. Experience directing graphic design and video production
5. Excellent communication and negotiation skills
6. Experience supervising large teams
7. Ability to work in a fast-paced, energized and quickly changing environment
8. Personal style that is positive, enthusiastic, transparent, and confident
9. Organized and detail-oriented
10. Full of curiosity
11. Delight in helping others achieve their best work
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a minimum of Ten (10) years of directly job-related experience.
: Commensurate with Experience
Required Attachments by Candidate
: Resume, Cover Letter/Letter of Application
: Nov 23, 2022, 11:08:06 AM