RESEARCH SPECIALIST III
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
As a Research Specialist III you will be responsible for performance of IMC services as well as routine lab support functions. The successful candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, dependable, and fulfill a service role in this busy core facility. Applicants must have at least a year of experience implementing and performing flow cytometry.
- 5-8 years in science field and 3-5 years of flow cytometry experience is preferred.
- Must have a strong background in biological/immunological concepts, sample processing, and in experimental design.
- Will have working knowledge of the application of flow cytometry is desirable (3-5 years preferred).
- Experience in immune cell function assays is desirable (e.g., ELISpot, MANAFEST, Seahorse).
- Must be able assist researchers with the design, execution, and interpretation of immune monitoring assays.
- Will have the skill set to perform primary laboratory duties, such as changing compressed gas tanks, maintaining cell line cultures, working with the Laboratory Information Management System, etc.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- BA/ BS required MS preferred with core specific advanced training and work experience.
- At least 5 years of Cell Therapy Experience or Biological Science related work and/or post-graduate coursework.
- Requires at least 3 years in a cross-functional facility and at least 2 years of that in research-based technology.
- Work experience in multi-user core facility preferred.
- Core specific licensure and/ or certifications required.
- Annual Human Subjects Training, i.e. CITI is required.
Location: H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute · Cell Ther-Vaccine Lab
Schedule: Full Time, Day Shift, 8-5 with some weekend or evening