Benchmark Rubenstein Forum at The University of Chicago
Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
The David Rubenstein Forum seeks to meet the need for a University-wide facility for scholarly and academic discourse on campus. The venue will support and promote inquiry, the open exchange of ideas, and the power of academic, interdisciplinary convening. The Forum is located on the site at East 60th Street between Woodlawn Avenue and Kimbark Avenue. It serves as a place where scholars can gather and exchange ideas through activities that range from talks and workshops to multi-day conferences that span academic disciplines. The facility provides spaces and amenities that are not currently available on campus, including highly collaborative, well-appointed meeting and event rooms commensurate with the types of conferences, special events, workshops, and meetings that University faculty and academic departments host. The project has a sustainable design target of LEED Silver
What you will have an opportunity to do:
The Lead Bartender will set up and prepare bars and barista stations for the restaurant and banquet functions. The Lead Bartender will also be responsible for all beverage inventories, cost analysis, requisitioning of beverages, the service of quality alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages and maintaining the bars. In addition, the Lead Bartender will be expected to clear and break down bars at the end of functions. The Lead Bartender is responsible for supervising and training the bar team.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six years food & beverage experience preferred, in high volume facility with craft cocktail menu.
- Exceptional knowledge in spirits, cocktail techniques, wine, beer and local beverage trends.
- General interest and knowledge of tea, coffee, espresso beverages and coffee equipment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- BASSET certified.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Must be in process or have completed the vaccine process for COVID-19 by time of job offer and be willing to stay fully vaccinated (fully vaccinated means completing all doses of COVID-19 vaccine including any future booster requirements per schedule requirement of the CDC).
- Oversee menu prep and cocktail design to streamline process and reduce the complexity of each cocktail program.
- Facilitate semi-annual adjustments to the coffee and espresso menus, house-made syrup recipes and tea selections
- Use of the New Menu Creation Timeline sheet to accurately forecast and communicate deadlines for menu printing, staff training, etc.
- Ensure that all recipes are accurately costed to reflect profitability.
- Will have the opportunity to taste and evaluate all spirits being considered for addition to the menu in accordance with budget and employee guidelines.
- Will be secondary point of contact for all spirits representatives, after F&B Manager.
- Required to add new creations to the inventory sheet/POS and create training materials to be distributed to the staff.
HIRING, TRAINING & STAFF OVERSIGHT
- Committed to coaching, mentoring, and leading the bar and barista team.
- Spearhead all bar and barista staff training, including building content and scheduling appropriate training times.
- An intricate part of the recruitment of additional bar and barista staff and the overall development of their skills and knowledge.
BEVERAGE & PRODUCE ORDERING
- Lead bartender is responsible for establishing pars, placing beverage orders and produce orders.
- Lead bartender will work with the Receiving team to ensure product deliveries are accurate, and that the beverage storage areas remain clean and organized.
- The lead bartender will enter all beer, spirit, wine and produce orders into the beverage checkbook.
- The lead bartender should be fully literate in the opening and closing duties of the bar and barista areas, and should be able to recognize and address areas of opportunity. This includes the various liquor rooms, storage areas, and prep areas.
- The lead bartender will communicate with the bar/barista team and management to identify malfunctioning or missing equipment and tools, and should be acting to repair or replace said items.
- Set up for host or package bar to include proper glassware for beverages offered, requisition beverages needed for length of time of function, gather mixers needed and prepare garnishes when needed, proper signage and bank when needed.
- Service bar for period of time as scheduled or requested by client, replenish products behind the bar when needed.
- Break down bar and all equipment used.
- Return all beverages to proper storage areas in proper containers, finish inventory sheet and return to captain, return bank to captain.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and well-organized work environment. Proper maintaining of inventories and costing concerning all beverage products.
- Proper requisitioning of all beverage products.
- Maintain open communication with management and other employees.
- Be well organized and efficient.
- Any reasonable task deemed necessary by immediate supervisor, Director, or General Manager
What are we looking for?
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.