Retail Print and Client Services Manager - KC
At Office Depot, Inc., our Print & Client Services Manager reports directly to the General Manager and has ownership of the Print Services area. The Print & Client Services Manager is responsible for engaging and providing an exceptional experience for customers requiring Print services and for promoting the sale of the best solutions & additional products as well as assisting in day-to-day operations and developing store strategies and tactics. The Print & Client Services Manager is expected to quickly build ongoing customer relationships and become a trusted expert by utilizing advanced Print Services knowledge to meet customers’ needs. The Print & Client Services Manager is responsible for driving the sales of Print Services by demonstrating a passion for the brand, print solutions, and other products offered to our customers.
The Print & Client Services Manager will also be a ‘Key Carrier’ and considered the Leader on Duty in the absence of other management. All Full-Time Print & Client Services Managers must be able to work a flexible schedule that aligns with business needs. This includes the ability to work evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays. In addition, Full-Time Print & Client Services Manager positions must be able to perform External Key Carrier responsibilities which include but are not limited to opening and closing responsibilities and being scheduled for those respective shifts.
The essential functions of this position may require you to consent to periodic comprehensive background checks conducted by a third-party.
- Proactively acknowledges and engages every customer in the Print Services area to ensure a positive customer experience. Utilizes and understands the Office Depot, Inc. selling program to promote the sale of the best solution as well as additional Print Services solutions & products. Works to continually develop personal selling skills and specialized product knowledge through sales and service tools provided. Drives Print Services sales by supporting all related current programs, new product launches, external marketing strategies, and special initiatives.
- Operates all equipment within the Print Services area to maintain efficient production and ensure customers’ orders are completed correctly and on-time. Utilizes communication tools to request assistance within the Print Services area and to coordinate the appropriate service for all customers throughout the store.
- Trains and coaches support staff on the use of new products and tools. Contributes to associate’s development through training, communication, recognition, and support.
- Able to evaluate the size and complexity of orders to determine if a RPF (Regional Print Facility) should be used, per established guidelines. Completes the Perfect Order form for every non-fax order. Manage high-volume copying/printing and ancillary service production (binding/finishing, etc.).
- Maintains the appearance of the Print Services area in accordance with policy.
- Responsibilities as an External Key Carrier include but are not limited to: ensuring the safety and security of the building and associates during the absence of others or in conjunction with other managers. Performing opening and closing responsibilities including activation and deactivation of the store’s alarm system, cash handling, daily store balancing, and system processing.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Level of Formal Education:
- High School diploma or equivalent; Bachelors preferred
Years of Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience and/or training in related field including 2 years retail management experience.
Type of Experience:
- Minimum two to years management experience or demonstration of skills and learning through an internal development program
- Experience in Print Center Operations
- Basic computer skills
Skills and Ability:
- Must be the subject matter expert in the Print Services area and associated information systems
- Must possess advanced selling skills
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, which are necessary to establish a selling relationship with customers
- Must be adaptable to a changing environment
- Must be able to coach and train others in a professional environment
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess the ability to use technology applicable to role, and to access information necessary to complete daily responsibilities
- Must possess ability to process information/merchandise through POS register system
- Positive and Engaging
- Action Oriented
- Integrity, Accountability & Trust
- Demonstrate passion for the brand, products, services, and solutions offered to our customers
- Must possess a desire to continually develop personal selling skills and product knowledge
- Drive for Results
- Decision Quality
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified. Other duties may be assigned.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and OfficeMax offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and OfficeMax is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression), ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance