Associate Director - Digital Technology
Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The US is currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you.
1. M365 Transformation Program Project Management – Americas
· For investment in Microsoft’s 365 (M365) suite of cloud software products to upgrade functionality from current systems, manage transition to the new systems and educate staff on how to operate in the new environments.
· Act as part of the Transformation Program team (a small central team based in the UK/Europe and 6 regional groups).
· Report to a senior Regional Lead (RL) and work with a network of Change Champions to provide representation at an individual office level.
· Provide a weekly verbal report to the RL which includes a summary of tasks recently completed, upcoming tasks, decisions to be made with supporting recommendations.
· Virtually attend multiple working sessions per week with the central M365 team and other regional PMs to develop and deliver plans to adopt the new M365 tools.
· Automate data collection and processing tasks using Power Automate.
· Develop dashboard reports using Power BI to communicate progress and highlight outstanding issues to be resolved.
· Write the job description for and recruit the Change Champions for the Americas region, and hold a virtual office hour once per week to issue direction on tasks that must be completed by each office and to receive feedback from previous tasks.
2. Digital Consultancy Lead
· Perform Digital Consultancy service includes Digital Maturity Assessments (DMAs) and software/system selection, procurement and implementation to allow internal staff to access these services through internal Digital Workplace initiatives.
· Vet third party software solutions to internal software matrix to determine whether adding a system to company toolbox to offer clients more functionality or the same functionality at a lower price.
· Determine which software, internally developed by software engineering team of by a third party, is the best solution.
· Help clients procure and implement software.
· Meet with internal software engineering team to ensure development priorities are consistent with client requirements.
· Deliver Digital Maturity Assessments for clients to assess current use of systems and identify areas for improvement.
· Work with internal colleagues to deliver new/improved software solutions.
3. Data & Analytics Lead
· Lead colleagues within the US and Canada to support clients to review discrete data sources; construct and integrate data models to improve operational and financial performance throughout data lifecycle (from data collection, cleansing and storage to recall, data model building and communication to the end user via visualizations).
· Suggest new service including AI, machine learning and block chain.
· Use combinations of the following technologies to collect, manage and communicate data throughout the data lifecycle; SurveyMonkey, Google Forms, Microsoft Forms, front-end JS frameworks including React, Angular and, back-end languages including Python and Python frameworks including Flask and Django, various relational and non-relational databases technologies, Google Data Studio, Tableau and Power BI.
· Use code repositories including GitHub to collaborate with colleagues on solutions
· Use automated code testing and publishing tools including Azure Devops
· Use cloud service providers including Azure, GCP and AWS to host and run solutions
· Create solutions using low code platforms including PowerApps and SoftTools.
· Procure and manage third parties to support the delivery of the services when internal capacity is not sufficient to meet client demand
· Develop commercial models to ensure fair compensation for work performed and that any fixed price contracts include ongoing maintenance and security updates
Senior Consultant, Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager or any other job title performing the following job duties:
Working with the client and other consultants and stakeholders, at all project stages to perform:
· Financial management – Ensure prompt client invoicing and utilize the client’s financial systems, such as SAP, to monitor and control a project’s financial status.
· Project planning, to produce and maintain detailed project plans using Microsoft Project or P6 Primavera.
· Monitor and apply performance management techniques to the delivery of projects through methods such as peer/360 reviews and KPIs
· Manage the change control process during the project lifecycle.
· Manage the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications utilizing various
· Prepare formal project budget progress and other project and program reports using tools including Microsoft Office, Google Data Studio, Tableau and Power BI.
· Quality Control – Ensure compliance with applicable quality standards.
· Identify opportunities to improve Project Management procedures, processes, and templates by applying Lean and Agile principles
· Team capability – develop and manage a system to measure and improve team member’s professional skills in relevant fields.
· Learning and development content – produce and deliver training materials (including written and video) to individuals and groups both in-person and virtual and via LMS systems such as Moodle
JOB TIME: Full Time
Education an Experience Requirement:
Bachelor’s degree in Physics or Related Field and 6 years of experience in job offered or 6 years of experience in the Related Occupation.
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email [email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or [email protected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.