Direct Support Professionals (DSP) / Caregiver
We see you and appreciate all of your hard work. Come to work for a company that appreciates you!
$17.50/hr and $18.00/hr after 90 days!
At Dungarvin, you have the ability to make someone's life better! Embrace the opportunity to change someone's life by assisting people with disabilities. Providing personal and companion care at Dungarvin, you will have the ability to enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
This location is an Adult Day Program in Norwalk
Dungarvin is looking for great dedicated caregivers to provide direct care support to people with developmental disabilities in our Day Programs. Candidates will have a desire to create a lasting positive impact on people's lives and enjoy coaching, mentoring, and encouraging others to reach their goals.
This position is also designated as an Unlimited Driving Position --defined as one that requires an employee to drive a motor vehicle as a part of his/her Dungarvin work, including vehicles owned or leased by Dungarvin, and/or to drive a vehicle in which a person served is transported.
Monday - Friday, Full-time and Part-time shifts available.
No evening or NOC shifts available
- Wages - $17.50 per hour
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) plan available
- Paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employee referral bonus programob duties include:
- Conduct 1:1 virtual sessions with clients via Zoom
- Create activities for clients
- Complete a safety training for in-person interaction with clients
- Assisting the persons served to direct the course of their own lives, develop and maintain relationships, and participate in their communities
- Assisting individuals with planning and achieving goals
- Assisting with direct care and support with daily activities such as mealtime and personal care
- Implementing positive behavior support plans
- Driving the company van or small bus to activities in the community
- Following protocols and procedures to maintain a healthy and safe environment
- Experience with a virtual platform, such as Zoom
- At least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Acceptable background check
- Physician's clearance and TB test clearance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer