Lakeshore Learning Materials
At Lakeshore, we create innovative learning materials and world-class guest experiences for teachers, parents and children. Since 1954, we’ve grown into a global community—with a thriving e-commerce business, multiple catalogs, 60+ retail stores, a peerless national sales force, plus international offices that support our preeminent supply chain division. But today we’re working better, smarter and faster than ever—and setting our sights even higher. We’re building an infrastructure designed for scalability, embracing data-driven decision-making and using technology to improve efficiency and ensure the best tools for the best work. Most importantly, we continue to invest in a diverse team of inquisitive top talent who fuel each other’s passions and curiosity, take risks, try new things and believe that every new day brings opportunities for growth.
Have a passion for organization? Then we have something in common!
To help us keep our ducks in a row, Lakeshore’s Merchandising Department could use the support of a full-time administrative assistant who thrives in a fast-paced environment! In this role, you will wear a lot of hats—including, but not limited to, pulling merchandise samples, setting up products for sample review, tracking info (data entry) and maintaining the calendar/schedule for the department. If you are an incredibly organized individual who wants to learn new skills in a challenging but fun environment—and you have a passion for helping others and pitching in where needed—then don’t pass up this opportunity! Lakeshore is a great place to work (if we do say so ourselves). This position is on-site at our company headquarters in Carson, California.
Got the skills and experience? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 1+ years of experience in administrative support
- High school diploma or equivalent required, but college degree preferred
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Word and Outlook required
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced setting (extra points if you can actually juggle!)
- Super-strong desire to help others
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Great attention to detail
- Egoless, collaborative approach to producing great work
And here’s our end of the bargain!
- Competitive compensation based on skills and experience, plus a bonus plan
- Excellent medical/dental and vision coverage—EPO, PPO and HSA
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution (because you will retire someday)
- Flexible benefits—choose what you like, ignore the rest
- On-site preschool for our employees’ children
- On-site employee gym for all levels/fitness needs
- Generous employee discount on products that make you smarter
- Casual dress…and we really mean it
At Lakeshore, we know our diversity makes us stronger, and when everyone feels included and valued, we all win. We strive to embrace our differences and create an intentionally diverse and inclusive community that is representative of the teachers, families and children we serve.
We know we couldn’t do the extraordinary things we’re doing without the people on our team. Thanks to the passion and enthusiasm of this spectacular group, Lakeshore is more than a great place to work—it’s a great experience to be part of. Day in and day out, we give everything we’ve got to create products that instill a sense of wonder and foster a true love of learning. To help maintain this high bar for success, we’re constantly on the lookout for people to join us. So if you’re a down-to-earth professional who shares our desire for making a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
To learn more about Lakeshore, visit www.lakeshorelearning.com/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
People are selected to become members of the Lakeshore family based on skill, merit and mind-boggling talent—not based on race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, domestic partnership status, military status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage, AIDS or AIDS-related complex status, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim of domestic violence, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If things aren’t equal, we all lose.
To learn about how we collect and use Applicant information, please visit our Employee/Applicant . INDRLL2