Lab Technician - Trainee
Date: Sep 23, 2022
City: Houston, TX
Contract type: Full time
- Assists with pulling samples from various locations in the plant, reports results, assists as directed in cleaning and maintenance tasks in the lab.
- Learns to perform sampling, testing, communication, and reporting duties correctly, as trained and instructed.
- Performs cleaning and maintenance tasks, laboratory stocking, and other duties as directed by the Senior Lab Technician or Quality Control Manager.
- Follows the direction of the Supervisor and senior level Laboratory staff.
- Performs housekeeping duties to maintain a clean work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 6 months of Laboratory or Petrochemical experience preferred.
- Experience with testing preferred.
Valero\'s employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, including race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on a website that lists an estimated salary rate/range, it was not provided by Valero. Valero’s market specific salary rate/range will be provided during the recruiting process and tends to be higher than what is estimated by such websites.