Think of your favorite book from childhood. Got it? Great. Now, that warm, joyful feeling you have right now—that’s what we do. At Literati, we’re transforming education through deep personalization of books for every reader. Why? Because kids’ learning development thrives with access to stories that fit their unique needs and interests. Want to help transform literacy at scale? Come write your next chapter with us.
Chapter 1: Our Story
Founded in 2017, Literati has delivered over 5 million books to families across the US. Machine learning and proprietary reverse logistics technology power our Austin fulfillment center, with ex-Netflix and Stitchfix data science leaders at the helm. Recently, we’ve expanded our reach into school book fairs, leveraging new tech to deliver a modern, impeccably-designed book fair to educators, and to make the best day of school even better for students.
Literati is the fastest-growing company in Arts & Literature in the US. We were recently ranked #3 on Inc’s Fastest Growing Companies in Austin and named a 2022 Midsize Best Place to Work by Built In Austin. Our founder and CEO, Jessica Ewing, was named one of “Google’s Top 12 Most Innovative Minds” by Fast Company. We’ve raised over $60M in venture capital to date, with key investors including Founders Fund, General Catalyst, Felicis, and 01A.
Chapter 2: The Position
As a Copywriter Intern, you will be crucial in crafting the words that define our brand-customer interactions. Your work will directly impact our marketing creative and digital presence across channels, so you should bring a thorough understanding of impeccable grammar and unforgettable words. You’ll work alongside a talented creative team to produce high-converting ad units, email campaigns, product descriptions, printed and digital marketing materials, blog articles, and other messaging assets. You will also help the team proofread all marketing materials before going live. Come join a driven, growing team of writers and designers in the Creative department at one of Austin’s most exciting companies!
- Writing exceptional copy—whether for an Instagram ad, an email flow, or website copy
- Immersing yourself in Literati's voice and abiding by high brand standards
- Gaining a distinct understanding of our products and crafting inspiring descriptions that guide customers to purchase
- Collaborating with other writers, designers, and creative marketing managers to ensure deliverables uphold the brand across the board
- Multitasking with extraordinary resourcefulness—you are a magician who can write in a fast-paced environment with a mind for creativity and innovatio
Chapter 3: Your Story
- Experience in copywriting
- Excellent command of grammar
- Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills, as well as a collaborative spirit and ability to work with a team
- Relevant portfolio of recent work, such as advertising, marketing, brand communications, blogs, social media, editorial, etc.
Chapter 4: The Perfect Match
Preferred degree or focus of study in Advertising, Journalism, English, or similar
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.
We seek people with drive and a touch of alchemy. We also recognize that some people — particularly underrepresented groups, women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+, etc. — may not be comfortable applying to a position unless they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if your experience isn’t a precise match for the role, we highly encourage you to apply! And if your career has taken you to some spectacular — or spectacularly strange — places, we love a good story.