Operations Excellence Leader
Texwipe, an ITW Company, is the worldwide leader in contamination control supplies & critical cleaning products. For over 50 years, Texwipe has been committed to manufacturing products such as cleanroom wipers, swabs, and stationery, sterile products, adhesive mats, and so much more! We are consistently growing and looking to add team members to our dynamic environment who are looking to make a global impact.
Headquartered in Kernersville, North Carolina, the company has a global presence with locations throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. In addition, working for Texwipe means you will have a lasting impact on critical industries across the world.
The organization's commitment to technology, innovation, & service excellence provides the most consistent and highest quality products for its customers. As an employee, Texwipe also pledges to provide fairness and transparency, fair and consistent treatment, & development opportunities. Texwipe promises to be an organization that stands by its commitments to its customers and employees, thereby continuing to improve and grow into the future.
- Optimize processes in the manufacturing environment.
- Conduct time studies to balance workspace
- Champion of Lean/Six Sigma initiatives across the business.
- Create action plans for improving processes
- Back up for the Manufacturing Manager (would be the key person to promote to this role)
- Support the operations team
- Work closely with Engineering, HR, Maintenance, and Quality
- Partner with maintenance to maximize productivity and machine reliability.
- Utilize Six Sigma tools to optimize the business.
- Contribute to a caring cultural environment.
- Assist in training and coaching leaders to support the operations.
- Develop and revise SOPs as needed for the manufacturing processes.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Texwipe manufacturing process.
- Work closely with the team to proactively promote a safe work environment.
- Identify safety and quality opportunities; work together with the team to maintain a safe environment and promote/maintain a safety-first culture.
- Perform special projects as requested.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a strong technical background, Industrial Engineer Degree preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred with Lean/Six Sigma experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Must be organized and pay attention to detail.
- Proficient in data entry and management.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work in a team-orientated environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions to all associates in Texwipe.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of management and manufacturing associates by oral and written means.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to analyze data in the manufacturing processes.
- Quickly analyze potential problems creating alternative solutions.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods using a computer.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as a computer, calculators, the telephone, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to stand for hours at a time in a manufacturing environment and occasionally bend, kneel or crouch.
- Must be able to lift, mover, or transport up to 50 lbs.
What can Texwipe offer you? See below!
- Robust paid training program and career development opportunities
- 3 - for 1 company gift match program
- 100% tuition reimbursement
- Multiple health plan options along with dental, vision, and life insurance.
- FSA, HSA, and DCA options
- Wellness resources & discounted employee health premiums
- Employer-paid STD, LTD & AD&D benefits
- Paid parental leave
- 12 paid company holidays
- 401(K) plan with generous company match
& so much more!
It is not intended that this job description include all details of the work functions inherent in this position, nor does it give exclusive titles to every function described. The position incumbent will perform work equal or lower classification, as required, or directed, and perform work of high classification for training purposes, or as warranted by emergency circumstances.
Texwipe is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or medical condition.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.