Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Date: Sep 23, 2022
City: Chicago, IL
Salary: $140,000 - $160,000 / year
Contract type: Full time
This client is leading the world with their next-generation imaging systems. They focus on medical devices that not only advance medical research and treatment but allow for industry engineers to be hands-on in the creation of these products while growing their careers. They\'re looking for a senior Embedded Engineer to join their CT team. You\'ll be using C++, Linux, GPU, RTOS, and embedded C. This is a hybrid position, requiring 2-3 in office days per week, located in Vernon Hills, IL. Required Skills & Experience
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science or electrical engineering
- Minimum of 5+ years C/C++ related experience.
- An understanding of computer architecture principles.
- Knowledge and experience in mathematics and scientific algorithm implementation and optimization.
- Previous experience with or education in image processing techniques.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
- Previous experience with designing software for multi-threaded and/or multi-processing environments, including parallel processing.
- Previous experience with programming for Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) (bonus)
- Previous experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems.
- Previous experience with or knowledge regarding GPU programming experience.
- Embedded C
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) with match.
- Paid leave
- Parental leave