Vericast is reimagining marketing solutions one business-to-human connection at a time. By influencing how over 120 million households eat, shop, buy, save and borrow, Vericast fuels commerce, drives economic growth and directly accelerates revenue potential for over 100,000 brands and businesses. While its award-winning portfolio of products, technology and solutions — including Illumis, Household Connect, Valassis Consumer Graph and Harland Clarke ChecksCXTM — are a piece of the Vericast story, its people are the true differentiators; trailblazers in data intelligence, marketing services, transaction solutions, campaign management and media delivery.
This is a hybrid position; employees are able to work from home on Monday and Friday, but should be in the office Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
The Collector II position is accountable for using reports, tools, and other resources provided for the proper and complete handling of all aged accounts for the sole purpose of collecting the very highest possible percentage in a manner that will drive cash flow and minimize bad debt.
• Daily Collection Activities: Manage Weekly Job Release, Maintain daily call volumes metrics, Contact clients to obtain payment information, Review account history prior to deferral Resolution, Discuss findings/recommendations with Collections supervisor, Send preliminary, revised and final e-mails per the established schedule, Process payments as necessary, Conduct regular back-end calls to collect delinquent A/R accounts, Documents collection efforts in ERP notes screens to include payer contacts, phone numbers, issues, actions taken, etc., Compile and present weekly Top client reporting to review with Collections supervisor, Maintains DSO at an acceptable level, Process refunds and money moves if needed, Other duties as assigned by supervisor. 80%
• Problem Resolution: Resolve declined credit cards and NSFs, Know how to properly direct inquiries for which you may not be knowledgeable and escalate as appropriate to facilitate resolution, Provide accurate and timely follow-up and resolution to client requests, Resolve any trial balance and client needs’ issues (billing and cash applications) by working with Invoice Services and A/R departments, Sales and Client Services. 10%
• Bad Debt & Other: Identify bad debt accounts and work them extensively in order to minimize bad debt, Once all collection attempts have failed, collector will assemble bad debt folder including any necessary information that will assist in recovering that debt by 3rd party sources, Aid and assist Collections management and co-workers with special project(s) that may arise, Maintain basic knowledge of products and services, Coordinate regular calls with Candidates as needed to train, solicit feedback and build rapport with our internal clients to promote better working relationships. 10%
• 2 year college degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Prior collections or customer service experience preferred
• Exemplary customer service skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge of basic accounting concepts
• Strong commitment to excellence
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
• Able to prioritize multiple projects with conflicting deadlines
• Strong team player
• Professional yet cordial written and verbal communication skills. Excellent speller and able to accurately compose a professionally written communication
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations
• Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU? Vericast offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K matching and . A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available, not to mention smart and friendly coworkers!
At Vericast, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. As an Equal Opportunity employer, Vericast considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classifications protected by law. Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Talent Acquisition team at [email protected]. EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity please visit: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.