Single Family Risk - Policy Associate (Hybrid)
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will assist in developing a policy framework and implementing changes that align with Fannie Mae's strategy. In this role, you will ensure policies reflect the appropriate risk tolerance and compliance with all relevant regulatory guidance, as well as provide guidance on internal policies, business standards, and regulatory interpretation.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The SF Risk - Policy - Associate role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Participate in the development and refinement of the enterprise's policies.
- Keep track of policies to ensure alignment with internal policies and evolving regulatory landscape.
- Contribute to the research of regulatory interpretations and leading industry practices, and monitor emerging risks and regulatory changes to ensure the enterprise is prepared.
- Assist with evaluating market trends or other relevant data in developing policy conclusions.
- Consider, where applicable, relevant enterprise systems and processes to develop optimal policy guidance.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- The group of skills related to Relationship Management including managing and engaging stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship networks, contracting, etc.
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
- The group of skills related to Learning and Training including conducting, developing, and evaluating training, instructional design, and learning management systems
- Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
- Experience helping an organization to plan and manage change in effort to meet strategic objectives
- The group of skills related to Risk Assessment and Management including evaluating and designing controls, conducting impact assessments, identifying control gaps, remediating risk, etc.
- The group of skills related to Business Insight including advising, designing business models, interpreting customer and market insights, forecasting, benchmarking, etc.
- Skilled in documentation and database reporting for the purposes of analysis, data discovery, and decision-making with the use of relevant software such as Crystal Reports, Excel, or SSRS
- The group of skills related to Influencing including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
- The group of skills related to Governance and Compliance including creating policies, evaluating compliance, conducting internal investigations, developing data governance, etc
- Experience using RiskWorks
- Skilled in Excel
In response to COVID-19, Fannie Mae has adapted our workplace and hiring processes to better safeguard our employees, candidates, and new hires. We understand that this is an unprecedented situation and Fannie Mae is committed to creating protocols for these processes that are agile and conform with federal, state, and local health administration guidance. While the company's operating status for on-site work is currently voluntary, the majority of Fannie Mae's workforce is remote until further notice. We continue to conduct all interviews and onboarding virtually. In addition, all employees who wish to come on site must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and enter their vaccination information into a confidential HR system before arriving at the facility, unless they have an approved accommodation. Click here to go directly to information about accommodations.
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at [email protected]