A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Dungarvin is a national organization of privately-owned companies that are dedicated to providing high quality, community-based supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, people who are faced with mental health, behavioral or significant medical challenges, and to children and their families.
MISSION: Dungarvin’s mission is respecting and responding to the choices of people in need of supports.
PHILOSOPHY: We believe each person has his or her own set of aspirations, goals, strengths, and dreams. We work closely with each person, and people close to the individual to discover and understand this unique combination. Utilizing our experience and expertise, we design and provide a constellation of services to support the person in achieving his or her life goals.
The Operational Director serves as a strategic business partner in coordinating Dungarvin's residential services and resources to maximize the benefit to each, person served, facility and program.
This is a salaried role starting at $80,549 annually.
- Provides leadership and oversight to Operational Program Director and other supervisors, assisting them in developing and maintaining programs that maximize benefits to individuals we serve.
- In-charge of developing and maintaining close relationships with the people we serve and their families, guardians, and related funding agencies.
- Responsible for developing program service budgets and effectively managing expenses, ensuring that services/supports provided to individuals are of the highest quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field, a master’s degree is preferred
- Experience in residential facilities for individuals with disabilities
- 2-4 years of middle to senior management experience
- Sound decision-making, communication, financial management, customer relation, quality assurance skills
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Requires Vehicle with positive driving record
- Must be willing to travel to any assigned area within the state of Minnesota
- Must be responsible, professional, & flexible
Our founders (Husband and wife duo) Tim and Diane Madden opened the first Dungarvin program serving 15 people, in St. Paul, Minnesota, in March 1976. Tim and Diane were the live-in “houseparents” for that first program. Through the success of that program Dungarvin has grown to employ approximately 4,000 people who currently provide supports to over 4,000 individuals across 14 states.