Engineering Manager, Test Automation
Company DescriptionNBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
At Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal you’ll find more than a job. Here you’ll find a fast-paced, high-flying team of unique birds who want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. We work hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
The Playback Services is responsible for building all playback-related functionality in Peacock OTT products. We work closely with the application teams in Sky Go, NOW TV, Sky Sports, NBC Sports, Vudu, Comcast and others to ensure that common functionality is built in a reliable, scalable and efficient way.
We build a video SDK which our colleagues across Sky use to achieve effortless video playback on Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Samsung TV, LG TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Roku, Android TV, Fire TV, Chromecast and other devices.
The Test Automation team is looking for an Engineering Manager to grow and develop our test automation framework and build an inclusive and high-performing teams. Engineering Manager will drive Test Automation in partnership with other managers and senior engineers across multiple internal and external teams, including quality, video, and player teams.
Sucessful candidate in this role will lead the automation test team, provide technical leadership in design and architecture of the automation framework, and will ensure adoption of the framework in all the QE teams in the organization. He/she should be master in modern testing techniques and tools, including autiomation.
· Grow, manage and lead a diverse team of software developers
· Own the test automation solution and lead the implementation of test strategy, test plans & test execution of the product.
· Collaborate with the Playback Services software development teams in developing automation tests for new software features
· Evaluate new tools, techniques and methodologies to enhance productivity and quality.
· Manage team capacity and velocity
· Collaborate with product teams to strategize & align long term solution for test automation including roadmap, tools, framework & approach.
· Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
· Collaborate with other QA teams in the organization.
· Drive technical initiatives in partnership with senior engineers across teams
· Constantly search for improvements in process, improve software delivery and operational processes.
· Support, coach and develop high performing engineers through regular 1:1s, continuous feedback and relationships with others.
· Mentor individuals to embrace diversity and help building an inclusive and flexible workplace.
· Define coding standards and SDLC processes
2+ years of previous QA management experience preferred
· Previous software development experience preferred
· Video player development and/or QA testing experience preferred
· Expertise in cross device/cross-browser testing
· Expertise in automation frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, and Cypress.
· Expertise with CI/CD systems
· UI and/or API level test automation expertise
· Experience with high performance systems that serve millions of users daily.
· Thorough understanding and hands on experience in developing, enhancing automation testing frameworks.
· Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis abilities.
· Strong knowledge of web debugging tools
· Excellent trouble shooting skills with the ability to analyze logs
Must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Applications, Engineering or related field, plus 9 years of experience in the software engineering industry. In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, we will accept 2 additional years of experience in the software engineering industry.
Must have 5 years of experience in each of the following:
• Performing test planning, and designing and executing requirements that impact multiple systems in a multi-vendor environment;
• Performing systems testing cycles, including integration testing, functional testing, user acceptance testing (UAT), and regression testing;
• Identifying, prioritizing, and tracking defects; and
• Utilizing Selenium, Cucumber, Robot framework, Appium and Cypress for automation testing.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.