IT Support Technician 2
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
CapTech is actively hiring an End User Computing Technician with 3-5 years of experience. The role of an End User Computing Technician is to be the primary line of technical support for all employees at CapTech. The technician is responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. The technician will also be heavily responsible for managing and maintaining Apple Device Management systems such as Jamf. CapTech End User Computing staff work in a dynamic fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail, and in person. The technician will be based out of the Richmond office which will entail providing user support to local users including imaging and upgrading laptops and assistance with the use of software packages utilized by CapTech employees.
The technician must be willing to expand their skill set to help support the enterprise as a whole and be willing to be part of an on-call rotation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a first-class level of customer service, ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner
- Maintain Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization
- Diligently respond to requests for IT assistance via phone, email, and in person
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues
- Deployment of laptops utilizing MDM (Mobile Device Management) services such as Jamf and Microsoft Intune
- Research questions and issues using available information resources
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests
- Document resolutions to issues and create new knowledge base articles
- Inventory management of hardware, software, and accessories
- Provide support for smartphones, including email setup and installation of custom apps
- Miscellaneous IT tasks and duties, as required
- Customer service focused attitude
- Three plus years supporting PC and Apple Mac hardware and software in an office environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OSX operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Office 365 and Multifactor Authentication
- Strong knowledge of macOS ADM platforms (Jamf, Kandji, etc.)
- Understanding of Microsoft Intune
- Inventory management of hardware and accessories
- Understanding of Apple iOS and Google Android mobile operating systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to tolerate stress, learn dynamically and adapt to flexible environment
- Maintain standards of confidentiality at all times
- Be resourceful and take initiative, make recommendations when appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of macOS ADM platforms (Jamf, Kandji, etc.)
- A+ Certification
- HDI-CSR Certification
We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lasting and rewarding career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. You decide where and how you want to develop, and we help get you there with customizable career progression and a comprehensive benefits package to support you along the way. Alongside our suite of traditional benefits encompassing generous PTO, health coverage, disability insurance, paid family leave and more, we’ve launched extended benefits to help meet our employees’ needs.
- CapFlex: Employee-first mentality that supports a remote and hybrid workforce and empowers daily flexibility while servicing our clients
- Learning & Development: Programs offering certification and tuition support, digital on-demand learning courses, mentorship, and skill development paths
- Modern Health: A mental health and well-being platform that provides 1:1 care, group support sessions, and self-serve resources to support employees and their families through life’s ups and downs
- Carrot Fertility: Inclusive fertility and family-forming coverage for all paths to parenthood – including adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, and more – and opportunities for employer-sponsored funds to help pay for care
- Fringe: A company paid stipend program for personalized lifestyle benefits, allowing employees to choose benefits that matter most to them – ranging from vendors like Netflix, Spotify, and GrubHub to services like student loan repayment, travel, fitness, and more
- Employee Resource Groups: Employee-led committees that embrace and incorporate diversity and inclusion into our day-to-day operations
- Philanthropic Partnerships: Opportunities to engage in partnerships and pro-bono projects that support our communities.
- 401(k) Matching: Generous matching and no vesting period to help you continue to build financial wellness
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.