Supply Chain (Procurement) Internship – Spring 2023
To be the leading producer of glass bottles and jars worldwide you need passion, commitment and innovation baked into the very fabric of a business and its people. For more than 120 years, our glass makers have honed their craft—channeling their creativity into more than 1,800 patents held today. When you join O-I you become part of that story.
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure, sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world’s best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals. We are dedicated to make what matters to shape a healthier, more sustainable and more exciting world. We transform the industry to make glass more relevant and more accessible to more people.
Scope & Impact:
In this role, the intern has the opportunity to assist and learn key aspects of O-I business in the area of Supply Chain. Assignments and duties are driven by business needs in all four areas of Supply Chain and will vary given business needs. Assignments could include one or more projects within the following areas: Buying and Expediting, Invoice Resolution (root cause analysis), Market Intelligence for Sourcing events, Spend Analysis, Master Data Analysis, Material Inventory Tracking, Procurement and Business Process Reviews, Freight tendering, Transportation spend data analysis, and more.
Reporting Relationships: The position reports to the Procurement Specialist.
During the internship, you’ll:
- Learn fundamental business processes including; plant procurement, freight tendering, data analysis, inventory tracking, and production order management
- Be asked to lead smaller projects. Provide updates, escalate issues and make improvement recommendations to management. Projects may include:
- Create and maintain key Supply Chain KPI’s including: inventory, service, forecast accuracy, etc.
- Maintain and create manufacturing production schedules for production facilities.
- Perform ad hoc supply chain analyses
The Supply Chain (Procurement) Intern should have:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Flexible and organized work style to manage multiple projects simultaneously; ability to adapt in fast-changing environment
- High level of motivation and ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Detail oriented work style with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management (logistics, purchasing/sourcing, operations, and transportation)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English required.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and conceptual skills required.
- Previous internships considered a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. (O-I does not sponsor working visas for internships).
What we offer at O-I:
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement
- Supportive teams to help you grow and learn new skills
If you are smart, passionate, innovative, culturally open, curious and collaborative, we’d like to hear from you.
O-I is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while encouraging growth and rewarding performance. Apply through the “I’m interested” button today!
Not ready to apply but interested in learning more about O-I's student opportunities? Sign up to receive more information from us here.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact O-I at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.