Elementary School Special Education/ ESE Teacher - Miami
About KIPP Miami
KIPP Miami is part of the KIPP (Knowledge is Power Program) national nonprofit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle and high school students. KIPP has a 25-year track record of preparing students for success in college and life. Founded in 2018, KIPP Miami operates four nonprofit charter schools in Greater Miami’s Urban Core communities providing a world-class education for students in grades K-8. To learn more, visit www.kippmiami.org.
We’re growing! We are looking for teachers for all grade levels (K-4) for existing and founding schools
Here’s what you need to know:
We’re looking for teachers for the 2022-2023 school year! Our elementary school is seeking awe-inspiring teachers to guide our students as they climb the mountain to college and beyond. Our teachers are dynamic leaders both in and outside of their classroom. They love students, working with families and the community they serve.
Special Education/ ESE Teacher
KIPP Miami is looking for a motivated Special Education/ ESE teacher who is SPED certified and has a track record of molding future leaders in our communities. You are passionate about education and understand the importance of building strong relationships in generating student achievement. You are dedicated to going above and beyond to ensure our students succeed.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
Joining our schools as a teacher comes with a lot of growth opportunities, but with great power comes great responsibility. Your role as a Special Education Teacher will involve a number of responsibilities which will include but are not limited to:
- Teach in an inclusive class, sharing all responsibilities with a general education teacher
- Provides resource small group support as needed
- Provides an alternative or parallel teaching to a group of students and provides 1:1 teaching, as needed
- Employs multi-sensory teaching strategies and specialized instruction as needed based on student’s specific disabilities
- Implements all modifications and accommodations for the classroom and in testing
- Uses student IEPs, evaluations, and present levels of performance to ensure services are being delivered at a high level.
- Collaborate with student support team to conduct annual IEP meetings
- Use data to responsively teach to mastery of academic skills
- Tracks student performance and progress and is responsible for continual improvement in student growth objectives
- Administers and tracks weekly assessment data to both monitor progress towards grade level goals as well as IEP goals
- Create action plans to improve performance when students are not on track to meet goals
- Consistently and clearly communicates progress to all shared stakeholders
- Participate in school, departmental and parent meetings
- Participate in school events, activities and programs both during and outside of regular class instruction hours.
- A belief in every student’s limitless potential
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required (Official transcripts showing degree conferred are required prior to the starting date of employment)
- Appropriate state teaching certification completed or in process of being completed.
- Subject matter expertise
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience, with demonstrated interest in working with students from diverse economic and cultural backgrounds
- A track record of success in the classroom
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
Nice to Haves:
- A record of exceptional student achievement and results at a high-performing charter network/charter management organization.
- A belief that all students deserve a world class education which can be achieved through education reform
Compensation & Benefits
KIPP Miami offers a full comprehensive benefits plan, including health care, competitive 403(B) plan, an optional subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, and a school laptop.
KIPP Miami offers competitive salaries to newly hired lead teachers. Salaries are based on prior experience and in accordance with certification requirements. KIPP Miami offers a competitive salary starting at $55,000 for teacher positions with additional opportunities for earning up to $4,000 annually in performance-based pay.
KIPP New Jersey | KIPP Miami is an equal opportunity employer