Unilever International Senior Business Development Manager – Arabia - #24801
JOB TITLE: Unilever International Senior Business Development Manager – Arabia
ABOUT UNILEVER INTERNATIONAL (UI)
Unilever International is Unilever’s White Space Arm!
As the ninth global cluster, we work across the world to fill white spaces for Unilever.
We treat the business as our own.
As intrapreneurs, we introduce Unilever’s brands into white space geographies like Korea, Pacific Islands, Mongolia, and spearhead launches of iconic household brands like Dove, Lifebuoy, Sunlight, Fair & Lovely, TRESemme into big markets like U.S, China, Western Europe and SEAA.
As Unilever’s growth engine, we establish global white space businesses in key channels such as Health & Beauty, Discounters, E-Commerce and alternate channels such as travel retail, marketing to institutional partners like the United Nations, and seeding Unilever brands to overseas diaspora who crave for a taste of their familiar home brands.
Singapore is our global hub leading strategy, marketing thinking, seeding plans, and alignment with the global categories and supply chain.
Game changing business
SPEED is the mantra for our resounding success. To serve the underserved, we embrace a founder’s mentality, explore unchartered territories, redesign end-to-end business models to establish successful businesses. We make a difference by working fast and smart, nurturing our tribe, winning together and living by five tenets:
1. We will be the fastest route-to-market globally;
2. We go where no (man, woman or distributor) has ever explored;
3. Impossible is an opinion, not a fact;
4. Speed is our currency;
5. When brands are built right, they can last a lifetime.
ABOUT BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT IN UI
We build categories and brands like St Ives, Simple, Lip Care, Pet Care globally across markets, media and channels, by enhancing brand awareness and brand through creative and effective digital mediums. We launch Unilever brands in new markets and bring them to life
We build market positions in white spaces by identify new opportunities, developing, defining, negotiating and nurturing strong business relationships. We own the business’ P&L end-to-end, partner with customers, distributors and internal cross-functional teams to manage and grow existing businesses, to deliver growth through flawless execution of projects. MAXIMUM Execution, MAXIMUM freedom, MINIMUM to no time on alignment and powerpoints
Lead UI managed geographies in Arabia and build the entire Unilever portfolio across PC, BWB, Nutrition, Ice Cream and Home Care in markets like Saudia Arabia, Yemen and the Gulf – build RTM, drive marketing and deliver purpose driven brand building
Scale niche brands across Arabia and build them leveraging the power of global sourcing – you will drive brands like Simple, St Ives, Shea Moisture, Vaseline, Floucaril, Paragoncyl among many others across niche and premium channels
Repair Tail Brand cells – You will lead teams to take over tail brand cells in large markets and repair them to profitability and growth
Build new channels – You will lead the pioneering work of leading the creation of new channels like cross border ecommerce, diaspora exports to Arabians living worldwide, corporate partnerships
Build New Categories – You will lead the creation of new categories such as lip care, sun care, noodles under our global billion euro brands
Own and lead the S&OP process working very closely with cross functional teams to deliver great customer service to our key distribution partners in the region
Passionately lead the debtors management process to help deliver 0% outstanding and drive the business profitably
Be a leading edge at stakeholder management that will help deliver faster growth in the region
In Summary your focus is on S.P.E.E.D = Seeding, Partnerships, Ethnic, Exports, Discounters will be our 5 pronged strategy.
YOU'LL WORK CLOSELY WITH
UI Marketing, Business Development, Supply Chain and Finance
Be a strategic, highly adaptable and entrepreneurial person
Have strong track record of consistency in market delivery
Deep level of passion for all things digital
Have excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills with key stakeholders
Minimum 5 years’ experience in Customer Development in FMCG industry – preferably in key account management and/or marketing
Experience in international trade and capability building
Experience working in cross-functional teams within a matrix environment both F2F and virtually
A bachelor’s degree in any discipline
KEY MANTRAS FOR SUCCESS
1. Deep Partnership with the new 5 Business Groups - Clearly form mini BG in UI Arabias that interface every month with each of the 5 BG, aligning every single opportunity with a spirit of humility, collaboration and fierce persistence. We will take an approach of radical transparency, over communication of success stories and delivering to the key asks of the BG. We want to deliver incremental TO & UOM to each BG.
2. Digitize or Die – Become the pioneer in all things digital. Own and drive ecommerce in every business line in SPEED. Everyone in the team to use ecommerce as a way to scale and grow. Use UI.com to digitize our order to cash process. We need to build e-RTM for each business in the US and Canada.
3. Collaborate & Celebrate – Work strongly together supporting each other in our quest to become the best performing business in UI and Unilever. Celebrate wins, no matter how small they may be. Help each other solve problems proactively. Be vocal with your views and share your thoughts and ideas always.
4. Get In the Mud – Know and own the business like it is your own. Understand sales, channels, supplies, commercials, brands by going in deep. Solve problems when they surface by asking “why why” and “why not” and thinking about “how” an issue can have alternative solutions.
5. Be Persistent and Positive – Greatness comes to those who persist, in pursuit of their dreams and visions. Those who can believe stronger and longer than others, see the results of their efforts come to bear. Be persistent in the pursuit of your dreams and beliefs – remember no one can say no 7 times.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.