Typhoon Egress Shop Supervisor - #16044
Typhoon Egress Shop Supervisor
Location: Taif, Saudi Arabia
BAE Systems is the UK Government’s nominated Prime Contractor under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. We provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) aircraft and train RSAF and Royal Saudi Naval Force personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons.
BAE Systems Saudi Arabia is committed to supporting the Saudi Arabian National Agenda including Saudisation and the training and development of Saudi National capability through the growth of the Saudi National Partner Companies thereby reinforcing Industrialisation and Partnerships.
The purpose of this job is for controlling and supervising personnel and resources pertinent to Egress activities in support of the RSAF Typhoon maintenance policy in accordance with the relevant publications and the BAE Systems Maintenance Organisation Exposition
- Control and supervision of all consolidation training tasks within the scope of the Egress shop whilst providing 2nd Signature for the completed training activity.
- Conduct OJT and/or consolidation of RSAF and PC personnel.
- Maintain accurate log books for all assigned RSAF and PC personnel and generate the supporting documentation for authorisations.
- Ensure all assigned personnel are authorised and competent to work on equipment relevant to the Egress shop.
- Generate and develop consolidated training plans for all assigned RSAF and PC personnel in support of OJT from the associated WTS packages.
- Liaise with the training support staff in regard to vendor/OEM training courses.
- In conjunction with the TSC ensure the control and compilation of ERCs and the maintenance of ESS records for shop maintained components where appropriate and up to date.
- Ensuring all components within the shop are correctly stored and packaged and that all shop maintained items that are to leave the shop or move location are correctly prepared and packaged for transit.
- Liaise with RSAF and PC management in order to identify any training opportunities or to highlight any potential training shortfalls.
- Provide monthly progress reports to identify training progression.
- Ensuring all maintenance tasks are undertaken in accordance with company/RSAF procedures and processes.
- Ensure that all electronic data systems are utilised correctly within process and adhere to operating procedures.
- Ensuring that all personnel engaged in the maintenance activities under their Supervision follow the correct engineering practices, observe safety precautions and that as far as is reasonably practicable no one is exposed to any unnecessary or uncontrolled risk.
- Ensuring good husbandry practices are implemented during the maintenance training/consolidation actions.
- Ensure all quality aspects of the tasks are complied with and carried out to the highest standards.
- Support the Work Centre Supervisor in the maintenance of Health and Safety including, the assessment, implementation and maintenance of COSSH and Risk assessments and the displaying of appropriate safety precautions and warning posters relating to the maintenance activities and handling within the shop area of operation.
- Ensure FOD control measures are implemented.
- Coaching, training, mentoring and knowledge transfer to BAES and RSAF personnel under your direction and control.
- Ensuring that all personnel employed in the Egress shop are correctly trained and authorised for the task and that AUTHS are raised and actioned where necessary.
- Support the Work Centre Supervisor in the control of the Safe Custody Registers.
- Deputise and assume the responsibilities of the Work Centre Supervisor during periods of leave/absence.
- Must be educated to HNC level or recognised equivalent or have relevant experience supported by formal, recorded workplace applied related training.
- Must have completed a recognised aircraft engineering apprenticeship or similar qualification in military Weapons engineering.
- Must have completed Aircraft Type Specific training on Third or Fourth Generation military fast jet aircraft.
- Extensive post qualification experience of military fast jet maintenance support, at a certifying position within an operational military flying environment.
- Extensive experience as an Egress Technician on a Fourth Generation military fast jet aircraft (may be concurrent with the above).
- Broad aerospace and defence company/industry knowledge.
- An understanding of RAF and /or RSAF engineering operating procedures.
- Understanding of the RSAF Training Manuals.
- Current certification for ML2 activities on Mk16A Ejection Seats and Canopy components.
- Experience of conducting OJT – preferably within KSA.
- Formal training course in Instructional Techniques would be advantageous.
The job holder should have the following background:
- Ex-military with experience serving on an operational military flying unit.
- Must have attained Supervisor/JNCO level working in a military aircraft maintenance environment.
- Thorough working knowledge of Egress System activities associated with a Fourth Generation military fast jet aircraft.
- Experience of conducting OJT – preferably within the RSAF
- Experience of general Egress maintenance and repairs
- Experience of working in the aviation industry in a Gulf Coast Country preferred.
- The ability to act upon their own initiative within the scope of their job.
- A conscientious approach to work and meticulous attention to detail is also required.
- A track record of meeting strict deadlines without compromising standards and quality.
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation and access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed.
On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
SAUDI NATIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous leave and travel allowance, a full health care scheme and access to subsidised recreational facilities
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions. We employ a skilled workforce of 89,600 people in more than 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture, and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people, and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.