TECHNOLOGIST, RADIOGRAPHY - #16661
King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre
Produces a high standard radiographic images utilizing digital radiography equipment.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1.Reviews exam orders/requisitions, corresponding protocol, and asks questions of senior(s) and prepares for exams, as needed.
2.Identifies patient following the Hospital identification policy.
3.Explains procedures to patients and prepares equipment and supplies.
4.Positions patient and attaches or adjusts immobilizing and shielding devices to ensure precise patient position and patient comfort and to minimize patient exposure to x-rays.
5.Selects and adjusts proper sitting for each projection to produce proper images as needed.
6.Monitors patient condition during and after procedure to ensure patient safety and comfort. Retrieves information from computer and processes information in the proper format for interpretation by the radiologist and/or archiving.
7.Evaluates completed tests for quality and completeness and documents all studies performed.
8.Performs quality control studies on equipment. Informs supervisor of equipment malfunction or need for repair and documents.
9.Cleans equipment and room and restores all equipment and supplies for subsequent use.
10. Assists in training and supervision of students, interns, and trainees.
11. Participates in self and others’ education, training, and development, as applicable.
12. Comply with the section policies, procedures and protocols. Follows the section quality improvement program in accordance with CBAHI, JCI, SFDA and other accreditation agencies standards.
13. Comply with Radiation safety rules and regulation of the Hospital in accordance with KACST and K.A.CARE and other national or international regulatory bodies.
14. Apply ALARA principle role within the section practice for all procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree, or graduation from an accredited Radiologic Technology program for North Americans, or Graduate from KFSH Radiography program is required.
- Grade 08:
Two (2) years with Bachelor’s or four (4) years of related experience with other programs is required.
- Four (4) years as Technologist, Radiography at KFSH&RC, or (Grade 08) relatedexperience is required.
- Average of annual performance appraisal at least (3.5) for the last four (4) years.
- Fifty (50) hours of cumulative continued medical education [CME] is required.
- Current Registration from country of origin and Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCHS) is required.
- Registration in Radiography with American Registry of Radiographic Technologists or the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists or equivalent is required for non-Saudis.