System Integration Engineer - #24988
The role reports to the Head of Engineering (Chief Engineer) and the System Integration Lead Engineer and is responsible for the system integration of a large security system during its development and on-site deployment. This includes the integration of deliverables (HW/SW), as well as support of the acceptance process with the customer. The role is based in Riyadh, but frequent travel to locations in Saudi Arabia is required. Occasional international travel is also expected.
The successful candidate shall hold the following required qualifications and should be able to demonstrate the
following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (preferred) in Electrical Engineering / Information Technology or related field
- Experience in the Integration of systems (SI) and familiar with the applicable INCOSE and international system engineering standards
- Experience in the writing of technical procedures and reports
- Experience in the detailed planning of work and deliverables
- Experience with complex, large scale interconnected IT-based systems
- Ability to work in a customer-oriented environment and within the cultural environment of Saudi Arabia
- Analytical thinking and strong engineering mindset
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong listening skills (to understand Engineering and Customer requirements)
- Strong service orientation and on-time delivery focus
- Cost, Quality and Time sensitiveness
- Team player and cooperative, agile Mindset, hands-on mentality
- Solution oriented and flexible (willingness to travel to remote sensor sites)
- Has the ability to effectively explain complex technical concepts to stakeholders
- Experience with IT/COMs Systems
- Scripting Skills (Ansible, Helm, etc.) to create, adapt, debug new and existing scripts, like deployment and configuration automation and debugging
- Experience in the use and configuration of CI/CD chains as well as DevOps
- Knowledge in technologies like Microsoft Windows Server, HyperV, VMWare, Microsoft and Linux operating systems, Containerization with OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker, Data distribution with Kafka, DDS, Monitoring etc.
- Advanced written, verbal and presentation skills
- Essential to be fluent in written and spoken English
- Desirable to be able to communicate in Arabic
Benefitial Qualifications and Experience:
- Driving license
- Have a strong engineering background working on large integration projects
- Experience in working with direct interface to the customer
Key Result Areas & Areas Of Accountability:
- Setup, deliver and maintain the planned integration, testing and staging of systems and tools, maintain system configurations
- Support the execution of test procedures at testing facilities (system integration lab) and delivery sites in terms of system integration, helping to identify issues during testing
- Support the creation of documentation (configuration documentation, problem reports, test reports) during integration campaigns
- Perform the required integration activities at system level for system / customer releases, and support dedicated test campaigns like load, stress, performance tests together with the V&V team
- Problem reporting, including the collection of material (like log files) to support root-cause analysis
- Track bugs and perform retesting of fixed issues, interacting very close with the involved development team
- Play an active role in terms of integration inside the development teams and drive the integration and release of software releases or features in integration labs as well as customer systems Act self-sustained and as a team player, with agile Midset
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Company:Airbus Defence and Space Saudi Limited
Employment Type:Fixed term
Job Family:Sub-system development <JF-EN-EQ>
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to [email protected] .
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.