SUPERVISOR, ULTRASOUND - #16340
King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre
Supervises the operations of the Ultrasound Services, and ensures that this section achieves and maintains high standards of quality and efficiency.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Performs hands on imaging regularly.
2. Supervises the daily work activities of all Ultrasound personnel. Conducts section meetings on a monthly
3. Plans, schedules, organizes and monitors operations to optimize patient care and efficiency.
4. Oversees ordering/inventory of all supplies (stock and non-stock) for optimum use and, evaluates and
5. Develops quality control and Continuous Quality improvement programs to meet all Hospital,
professional, and JCIA standards. Coordinates with Clinical Engineering for equipment maintenance and
6. Ensures that new employees, interns and trainees are given proper orientation and training. Conducts In-
services/continuing education classes on a regular basis.
7. Ensures that senior staff of the section can handle the supervisor job at anytime.
8. Reports to section head regarding operation of the section and development of new protocols or research
projects. Follows up incident reports and provides them as directed.
9. Evaluates, counsels, and recommends discipline of employees as needed. Evaluates and makes
recommendations regarding candidates for hire.
10. Review and modify section policies, procedures and protocols. Establish a continuous quality
improvement program in accordance with CBAHI, JCI, SFDA and other accreditation agencies standards.
11. Ensure section compliance with the Radiation Safety Rules and Regulations of the Hospital in accordance
with KACST and K.A. CARE and other National or International regulatory bodies.
12. Ensure compliance with ALARA principle Role within the section practices.
EducationMaster’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Radiology Sciences/Radiological Technology is required
Four (4) years of Hospital Radiology Ultrasound experience is required for Master’s, or six (6) years for Bachelor’s; including two (2) years in a senior position is required
- Four (4) years as Supervisor, Ultrasound at KFSH&RC, or (Grade 10) related experience is required.
- Average of annual performance appraisal at least (3.5) for the last four (4) years.
- One hundred (100) hours of cumulative continued medical education [CME].
- Current Registration from country of origin and Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCHS) is required.
- Registration with American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or equivalent is required for non-Saudis