Sr Emergency Med Technician Paramedic - #16398
Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare
- Provides basic and advanced life support to ill and/or injured patients in the prehospital and inter-hospital setting, performs assessment and management of illness/injury, stabilizes and Transport patients to the most appropriate medical facility. Convey patient information, clinical status and medical care given to medical control, requests directions from medical control as deemed necessary for patient care.
- Responds to prehospital emergencies and disasters, acts as the medical incident commander at the scene and coordinate with the incident commander and other emergency responders.
- Participates in advance life support and disaster life support training in addition to in-service training.
- Performs regular check-up as per policy and the specific check lists on the ambulances, prehospital care equipment and disaster supplies. Ensures all equipment’s and supplies are adequate, up-to-date and ready for use.
Responds to all emergencies or 110 call (medical, trauma, tactical) or a disaster (mass casualty incidents) by ground or air, triages victims at the scene, takes scene command, provides BLS and ALS (basic/advanced life support) medical care for ill and/or injured patients in the pre-hospital Settings and transports patients to appropriate medical care facilities. Ensures the readiness and preparedness of emergency disaster response in terms of ambulances, equipment and availability. Assists in decontaminating contaminated patients in or out of hospital using appropriate HAZMAT PPE and procedures. Acts as part of the critical patient transfer team from one medical facility to another. Acts as a team leader of the medical crew at any emergency situation. Provides guidance, leadership, and direction to crews as needed. Ensures that ambulance calls are completed in an efficient and safe manner. Performs paramedic’s skills as a member of the trauma team.
Internally: Head Physician or Physician on duty, Specialist EMT Paramedic, Senior Specialist EMT Paramedic, Pre-Hospital Care Unit Manager, Pre-Hospital Care Division Director, Nursing Supervisor, Medical Dispatcher or Controller, EMS Department Chief.
Externally: Police, Government Affairs, Industrial Security, Fire Fighters, Rescue Teams, other company employees and their dependents.
- Follows EMT –Paramedic standing orders, protocols, and advanced life support guidelines, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- Participates in drills.
- Assesses the safety and hazards at the scene of an emergency.
- Provides special rescue services where trained in those specific areas.
- Ensures readiness and preparedness for 110 emergency calls or disaster response.
- Checks the ambulance and equipment used for pre-hospital emergency medical care.
- Utilizes specialized communication equipment to consult with Physicians and /or notify hospitals of patients condition.
- Completes detailed documentation on patient care and transport.
- Attends continuing medical education (CME) on an ongoing basis to maintain licensing and/or certification and also standards of knowledge and skills.
- Involved in training and provide in-service for the staff in equipment or update patient care guidelines.
Acts as a preceptor and/or participates in orientation of new employees and students as assigned and assists with developing and conducting new employee orientation, as well as other training programs for employees, and maintain training records.
Participates in teaching and instructing life support courses as required.
- Reports to Pre-Hospital Care Unit Manager and Pre-Hospital Care Division Director.
- Participates in Campaigns and Events as requested by EMS Department Chair or Pre-Hospital Care Division Director.
Completion of a Diploma in a recognized Emergency Medical Technology Paramedic Program from local or international college/university.
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
Certifications/Other requirements as applicable
- Certification in BLS, ACLS, PALS, PHTLS, NRP, BDLS, and ADLS
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Arabic very desirable.