Senior Specialist Inbound & Customs - #25273
Working closely with Senior Manager DC & Transport Operations and inbound team in managing the product flow of adidas efficiently and timely in a cost-effective way from factories until stocks are booked at DCs. Responsibility also includes the daily monitoring of all related functions of inbound shipping, clearing, forwarding and stock updates]
- Overall responsibility of timely and accurate inbound booking process.
- Responsible for efficient and timely product flow from factories to warehouse and transfers.
- Managing shipping line and inbound service provider account management.
- Responsible for timely maintenance of shipping instructions for all adidas items.
- Manage the documentation process of inbound shipments.
- Ensure visibility level (Forecast) for future Inbounds across SCM and external stakeholders
- Monitor and measure progress of KPI’s to attend global and local targets.
- Control and monitor Inbound Cost to ensure the highest level of governance, efficiency, and potential savings.
- Responsible for Harmonized System Code (HS Code) for Plants.
- Support Global Logistics Team for Tendering Process, Projects Implementations (e.g. FIP, Global Reports).
- Support NTP team for Non-Trade tendering process.
- Ensure smooth cooperation/network with direct reports as well as other team members.
- Build and manage inbound setup and find the most efficient product flow with the lowest cost and lead time.
- Managing end to end Customs Clearance with Sabeer requirements.
- Managing Container Movement Operations.
- Global & Regional:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert in Inbound and Customs
- Strong analytical skills and data driven decision making
- Ability to deliver good results under pressure, accepting and meeting critical deadlines
- Ability to #CreateTheNew by challenging the status-quo
- Motivated team player and willing to learn,
- Strong and proven analytical and communication skills with attention to details
- Experienced in logistics and supply chain management as well as project management
- Competence, experienced and high level of IT affinity (MS Office/Teams needed / SAP, WMS knowledge is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to lead and influence discussions in diverse groups of varying size (internal & external)
- English & Arabic speaking and writing
- Outlook : Good
- Word : Good
- Excel : Advanced
- PowerPoint : Good
- SAP : Good
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in Logistics, Supply chain
- 2-4 years of overall work experience in Logistics.
AT ADIDAS WE HAVE A WINNING CULTURE. BUT TO WIN, PHYSICAL POWER IS NOT ENOUGH. JUST LIKE ATHLETES OUR EMPLOYEES NEED MENTAL STRENGTH IN THEIR GAME. WE FOSTER THE ATHLETE’S MINDSET THROUGH A SET OF BEHAVIORS THAT WE WANT TO ENABLE AND DEVELOP IN OUR PEOPLE AND THAT ARE AT THE CORE OF OUR UNIQUE COMPANY CULTURE: THIS IS HOW WE WIN WHILE PLAYING FAIR.
COURAGE: Speak up when you see an opportunity; step up when you see a need..
OWNERSHIP: Pick up the ball. Be proactive, take responsibility and follow-through.
INNOVATION: Elevate to win. Be curious, test and learn new and better ways of doing things.
TEAMPLAY: Win together. Work collaboratively and cultivate a shared mindset.
INTEGRITY: Play by the rules. Hold yourself and others accountable to our company’s standards.
RESPECT: Value all players. Display empathy, be inclusive and show dignity to all.