Senior Resident Construction Engineer (Civil Background - Utilities Infrastructure) - #17010
Parsons are looking for a dedicated Civil Construction Engineer focused on the delivery of Utilities and Infrastructure Projects across our Program at Yanbu on the Red Sea Coast of Saudi Arabia.
Reporting to a Senior resident Construction Manager you will be r esponsible for monitoring and inspection of on-site civil and structural engineering works, activities and testing and commissioning. You will provide technical guidance to contractors and utilizes his expertise to ensure that the permanent works are constructed per the contract in accordance with applicable codes, standards, approved drawings and specifications, budget and schedule.
Parsons have worked alongside the Royal Commission as Program Manager at Yanbu for over 47 years and having just agreed to remain in the same capacity for the next 5 years we offer longevity, security and career development along with the opportunnity to work on what is an amazing, award winning and thoroughly rewarding Program.
Major activites will include (but not limited to):
- Monitor contractors' works related to civils and structures and their associated testing.
- Monitor and report on contractor's performance on all aspects of their work to include health and safety, KPI compliance and any other duties as assigned by senior management.
- Witness contractors' quality control inspections to ensure that the permanent works are constructed according to the contract, applicable codes, standards, approved drawings and specifications
- Witness all testing, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up activities to assure contractors' compliance with the approved plans and procedures.
- Review contractor shop and as-built drawings, materials submittals, tie-in procedures, project schedules, and work permits; and coordinates with the concerned departments for obtaining their approval and / or comments.
- Review contractor's quality assurance and quality control programs, Inspection and test plans, installation, testing, pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures, for carrying out the works, and provides comments for transmittal to the contractors.
- Organize, coordinate and conduct, in conjunction with the concerned departments, acceptance inspections and re-inspections of the completed permanent works until all deficiencies are corrected and signed off.
- Review contractor's invoices for correctness of installed quantities for the completed portions of the permanent works.
- Attend meetings between the Royal Commission Construction team and the Contractor.
- Initiate and prepare for SRCM draft letters, memos or reports to contractors and other Departments as directed or required.
We are seeking appliacnts with the following experience, qualfications and credentials:
- Bachelors’ degree in civil or structural engineering.
- Minimum 8 years of solid practical experience.
- Field knowledge of design in civil and structural works related to primary utilities.
- Full exposure to primary utilities installations, substation construction and infrastructure projects.
- At least 3 years Middle East work experience is required.
- Must be fluent and be able to effectively communicate in both spoken and written English skills.
- Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), read construction schedules (Primavera).
- AutoCAD is desirable.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/None Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran