Senior Quantity Surveyor - #16806
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our team! In this role you will be responsible to include review, recommending revisions to, applying and, approving all required contractual documentation.
- Play a leading and pivotal role in supporting the project executives, leaders and project managers in monitoring and controlling the performance of contracted services to ensure services are effective, meet statutory requirements and deliver the desired outcomes.
- Manage all matters regarding contract administration, claims, disputes, contract interpretation and cost analysis, coordinating with other departments where necessary to achieve this
- Develop, implement and manage systems and procedures for the monitoring of the contracts to ensure that contractual compliance issues are resolved both timely and effectively across multiple work packages
- Identify potential claims, check for compliance with applicable contractual terms and ensure effective negotiation and settlement of claims, coordinating with other departments where necessary to achieve this
- Evaluate and recommend claims submitted from Contractors, including the calculation of losses incurred through co-ordination with QS Team.
- Formulate suggestions to resolve Contract issues.
- Lead the continuous improvement of contract processes through refining contract formulation activities, systems and procedures.
- Provide advice regarding contract procurement and types of underlying contracts and agreements (as necessary).
- Assist / input into the financial budget to ensure the cost-effectiveness and value for money of contracts.
- Offer advice in the review and the approval of payment certificates, invoicing from subcontractors and to the client.
- Assist in the preparation of legal and contractual documents such as; Request for Proposals (RFP) and other legal or contractual documents.
- Collaborate with colleagues across organizational lines to obtain and communicate business information necessary for Reporting purposes
- A Bachelor degree in a subject related to Business, Law or Construction
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience (post qualification) on infrastructure project experience.
- Recent experience in a senior contracts administration role either managing a contracts administration/claims team or
- quantity surveying team handling major contractual disputes.
- Experience with a contractor at a management level or with an engineering consultant or claims consultancy providing
- consultancy advice on contracts, procurement and disputes as well as expert witness work.
- Proven track record in all stages of the project life cycle from contractual frameworks to cost estimation to site
- management and cost management through to contract administration and disputes.
- Ability to guide staff, critique and challenge objectively and with confidence.
- Experience developing successful relationships at a senior level
- Direct experience interfacing with executive management
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/None Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran