Senior Manager - Indirect Tax - Global Trade - Riyadh - #16838
Our globally coordinated tax professionals offer connected services across all tax disciplines to help our clients thrive in an era of rapid change. We combine our exceptional knowledge and experience with the people and technology platforms that make us an ideal partner for all their tax-related needs. In Tax, we equip clients to make better business decisions by bringing insights to the forefront. We help companies understand the tax policies and tax laws of governments around the world to plan and comply accordingly.
Our teams leverage transformative technologies to deliver strategy and execution, from tax and regulatory obligations to operations and workforce management, to reduce risk and drive sustainable value. Tax has six sub-service lines which cover a wide range of issues: Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, Global Law, Indirect Tax, International Tax and Transaction Services and People Advisory Services.
Our indirect Tax professionals help clients to manage their indirect tax compliance obligations, to identify opportunities and mitigate indirect tax risks. They use their deep sector experience and knowledge of different legal and regulatory systems around the world to help clients meet their compliance obligations as well as achieve their business goals.
Our indirect tax professionals provide pragmatic commercial help so clients improve their day-to-day reporting for indirect tax. This includes improving working capital, reducing errors, reducing costs and ensuring indirect taxes are handled correctly. They advise how indirect taxes such as value added tax (VAT) or goods & services tax (GST) impinge on the client’s supply chain and financial and accounting systems
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual to join EY’s specialist Indirect Tax team. The team help support and deliver Indirect Tax advice for their clients across the country. We will provide you with an opportunity to be involved in a fast growth part of the Indirect Tax team, working across the country. You will have an opportunity to work with both clients and all of the EY local offices, providing a great opportunity to build and expand your corporate network.
Your key responsibilities
Your people responsibilities
You must be an enthusiastic Senior Manager with the ability to create, sustain and lead effective teams & ensure delivery of quality work and take day-to-day leadership of delivery team. You are also expected to help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff & have a significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations as well as through managing junior staff development and assignments.
Your client responsibilities
You should build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide exceptional levels of client service. You must possess business development skills - able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work by proactively managing existing clients Overall responsibility of quality of client service. You will be managing possible leads from other areas of the practice & building networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from. You will also contribute to successfully extracting maximum value for both EY and clients from the tax services delivered whilst managing risk appropriately for both client and the firm.
Skills and attributes for success
You must be client driven, strategically and commercially aware as well as an excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral. You must also be enthusiastic with a flexible attitude to work. You should also possess project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget. You are also expected to have good negotiation skills, ability to sustain opinion and handle challenge, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines as well as effective time management skills.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in economics, finance, tax or accounting
- A relevant Masters degree, CPA or ACA/CA/CPA/CMA/SOCPA/Law qualification/CTA or equivalent tax qualification
- At least 7 years of relevant experience as Indirect Tax professional
- Experience working for a Big 4 accounting firm is preferred. However, we will consider candidates with from law firms or with relevant industry experience
- Customs duty advisory experience is preferable, but we will also consider candidates with VAT/GST advisory experience
- Excellent English written and presentational skills.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working in multicultural teams
- Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills.
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Coordination and prioritization skills
- Independent in managing own workload, ability to work under pressure and to keep things moving and to juggle multiple tasks
- Experience in managing teams
- Preferably Arabic language proficiency
What we look for
We’re interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. We’re not just looking for technical knowledge experience — we’re after genuinely interesting people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative news ways. If you’re a confident leader with a curious mind and the ability to solve complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.