Senior Geologist - #16903
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.? Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Must have managed both diamond drill or reverse circulation exploration programs, totaling at least 50,000 metres. Must have managed multi-rig exploration programs, and large scale geological and prospecting programs. Must be very familiar with JORC standards, preferably as an author or co-author of these reports. Must be very familiar with resource estimation procedures, with a clear understanding of QAQC procedures as they impact these work types. Uranium experience is a prerequisite in one of the major geologic types—sediment, unconformity, or volcanic/intrusive hosted.
- Familiar with all MSOffice software
- Familiar with industry standard geological logging software, large databases, and drill hole presentation software
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience using and/or interpreting various types of geological data in a GIS (ArcGIS or Map Info) platform for exploration applications;
- Experience reading maps, using a GPS, and driving off-road is preferred
- Ability to walk up, down, and over rough terrain with the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. throughout the day
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Perform data entry and regularly update client and employer with data
- Liaise with the contractor as Managements’ representative concerning the interpretation of geological, geochemical and assay data to produce high quality 3D geological models for resource estimation
- Consider and manage the cultural heritage, community relations and environmental implications of exploration activities
- Minimise the company risk exposure and liabilities by monitoring activities to ensure compliance with all statutory, regulatory, and licensing obligations including the respective
- Ability to operate with sensitivity and perception across multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Will be actively involved in program management, data interpretation, and monitoring of field mapping, program, logging core and drill design.
- Supervision of any sample collection, storage, shipment performed by technicians
- Track mapping and drilling progress on daily and or weekly basis.
- Utilize industry-standard software to compile and interpret 3-D location, geologic & assay results. Assist with timely plotting of data
- Inform supervisor of new assay results, geologic opinions/suspicions, etc.
- Assisting in assuring the quality control and quality assurance of samples;
- Monitoring and evaluating geological and assay data quality;
- Ensuring geological data is collected to specified standards and QA/QC protocol is followed and drill logs are error free and validated;
- Complete field visits to drill sits to check drill site locations and ensure drill and exploration programs are conducted to high standards and samples are collected and transported to the assay lab efficiently;
- Directs and coordinates employees assigned with consistent Company policies, procedures and standards;
Fifteen years experience in the mining industry in progressive levels of experience. While exposure to mining geology is an advantage, the most relevant experience will be exploration related
Valid Drivers license
Arabic language skills would be a definite asset
What we offer you Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us. If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
- Requisition ID: RIY00OE
- Organization: MENA