Senior Engineer - Piping (Rig Building Engineering) - #17099
Rawaj - Human Capital Management
Get to know our client
Our client is a forward-looking maritime facility with a vision to become the ‘Shipyard of the Future’.
The facility is set to be one of the largest maritime facilities in the world, with the capacity to build various types of vessels, including very large crude carriers, offshore drilling rigs, and commercial ships. It will help shape the Saudi maritime industry as one of the largest, most advanced and sustainable maritime facilities in the MENA region, with global ambitions and reach.
Join to be part of an incredible growth opportunity and success story.
What will you do:
- Preparation of design basis, project specific specifications for basic / detail engineering, feasibility studies and tender document.
- Material Engineering which includes preparation of purchase specifications, purchase requisitions, technical bid analysis, Supplier document I drawing evaluation.
- Construction engineering activities including MTO's, shop drawings and job package preparation & issue.
- Site survey for jobs & bids.
- Co-ordination with Internal Departments, Customer & Inspection Agencies.
- Ensure that designs comply with relevant codes, standards, regulations, and procedures.
- Progress monitoring and adherence to scheduled completion of engineering documents.
- Capture all changes / modifications in the deliverables that has been intimated by project, prior to release of deliverable.
- Attend project review meetings.
- Review of bid enquiry documents and clarifications / qualifications, estimation activities like MTO, Engineering deliverable list and Engineering man-hour estimates.
- Ensure compliance to HSE policies and procedures as applicable.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable information security policies & procedures.
- Engineering design work in rig building - 80% of the time approx.
- Coordination I communication (internal and external) - 10% of the time approx.
- Progress of project deliverables/commitments - 10% of the time approx.
What do they expect from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 + years in engineering design department of any offshore rig building or ship building industry.
- Preferred - Any additional certification I courses in Mechanical/Piping Engineering.
- Sound knowledge of international piping codes & standards, maritime
- Design experience in pipe sizing/ calculations in marine industry .
- Exposure to AutoCAD & 3D design tools like AVEV A.
- Exposure to piping engineering related software such as pipe flow, PIPENET, CAESAR, etc.
- Excellent Level of English Language
- Demonstrated high order interpersonal skills and the ability to operate within a multinational environment.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and motivate others with regards to continuous improvement.