Senior Commercial Manager - #24813
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are currently looking for a Senior Commercial Manager to provide operationally sound advice and support to management in relation to a broad range of commercial and contractual tasks on PMC Theme Park projects in Khobar and Dammam, KSA.
Your new role, what's involved?
- Undertake and participate in regular project reviews helping to identify opportunities and risks to WSP’s financial performance
- Be actively involved in preparing strategies to manage those risks and opportunities and executing on those strategies including appropriate correspondence, record keeping, meetings and pro-actively follow up to a suitable conclusion
- Take lead on all contractual matters including but not limited to contract compliance, change management, cost reporting and claim mitigation strategies
- Ensuring that all contract management process and procedures are in place to effectively control and manage the relevant contracts
- Ensure that all necessary bonds, warranties, insurances, undertakings, etc are in the commercial interest of the Employer and in accordance with the relevant contract
- Challenge and negotiate claims and variations submitted by the Contractor and provide an assessment of entitlement to the Employer based on the Contract and the prevailing law
- Take ownership and proactively manage all commercial risks / mitigation on the Project
- Assist the legal team in negotiating any final settlements on contract terms with our clients and sub-consultants
- Analyze financial accounts and monthly reporting to assess working capital risks and revenue recognition providing good judgement and advice as required
- Actively work with the working capital team to ensure disputed invoices are settled and payments are made at the earliest time
- Assist management on any prospects with the bid support team and business unit leaders to bring our commercial knowledge and best practice into bid preparation ensuring scope, conditions, payment terms, risks and opportunities are effectively managed at bid stage
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying with suitable contractual, legal or commercial background
- Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) preferred
- 15+ years of post-qualification experience in a similar capacity
- Demonstrable expertise in Contracts Administration for high value contracts
- Good knowledge and experience in FIDIC (FIDIC Gold preferable)
- Proficient in MS Applications, particularly Excel / Word / PowerPoint / Outlook.
- Well versed in contracts / agreements: principles, theory and application, terminology and development as well as practices and procedures
- Experience with claims management and arbitration support
- Ethical, credible, and commercially astute
- Able to work independently and work under pressure
- Self-motivated, able to prioritise work with target-oriented approach
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written
- Experience on PMC Theme Park Projects
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognises that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximises the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
Job Reference: WSPME02933