SCIENTIST - #25265
King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre
Plans and manages research projects independently within a specifically defined field of study, but typically part of a research program; participates in writing papers and proposals; and supervises students and trainees.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Creates and conducts research projects that align within the mission and strategic direction of the department/ program.
2. Develops and implements new ideas to advance the field of knowledge and promote research program.
3. Writes and publishes manuscripts in peer reviewed journals to disseminate research findings.
4. Works in multidisciplinary teams within and outside the Research Centre.
5. Presents scientific results of projects in national and international scientific meetings, and participates in Research Centre seminars.
6. Writes new research proposals and applies for funding and grant.
7. Supervises students and trains other staff members.
8. Follows all laboratory safety rules and regulations.
9. Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
10. Participates in self and other's education , training and development, as applicable.
11. Performs any other related duties as assigned.
Doctorate Degree (PhD, MD, DDS, or DVM) or equivalent degree in scientific discipline relevant to the research field is required.
Six (6) years of related experience post-doctoral degree is required.
? Publications in peer-reviewed journals are required with first authorship and substantial technical and scientific contribution to the paper.? Independent ability to write at least one (1) peer-reviewed research project as a principal investigator ? Proven records of presenting original data at least once in a national or international meeting