Sales Engineer - #17171
To promote and sell John Crane products and services and other product range to meet and exceed sales targets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing and maintaining all aspects of customer contracts.
- Point of contact for all matters relating to customer contracts.
- Pursue sales leads.
- Visit existing and new customers.
- Assess customer needs and suggest appropriate products and services.
- Respond to customer enquiries.
- Negotiate prices and delivery times within limits of authority and conclude sales orders to meet revenue targets.
- Provide sales and technical support.
- Coordinate and liaise with Customer Service Coordinator to produce proper Technical and Commercial quotations.
- Study all tenders and work with Regional Customer Service Team and Logistics to define price levels.
- Identify research and contact prospective customers and build positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business.
- Refer sales leads, customer feedback, and information on competitor activity to appropriate contacts within the organization so that they can respond to changing market conditions and customer demands.
- Establish annual, quarterly, monthly, or weekly sales plans and prioritize and schedule.
- Provide training to all customers and assist in conventional trouble shooting at customers’ sites when required.
- Ensures quality & safety within functions/ tasks performed by himself/herself and staff reporting to him/her.
- Responsible for exercising due diligence towards health & safety of self and others within the organization.
- Ensures compliance with the applicable HSE instructions, requirements, laws and regulations received from customers, regulatory and statutory bodies.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Minimum 3+ years of professional experience in engineering and sales
- Engineering knowledge in a proactive multinational and multicultural environment.
- A strong technical knowledge of John Crane product portfolio.
- Proficiency in English and Saudi nationals preferred.
- Proven experience in the field.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to get on with multi-functional and multi-nationality peers.
- Ability to write technical, concise reports in a formal and professional manner.
- Good technical writing and negotiating skills.
- Positive and Proactive
- Problem solver and dynamic self-starter
- Independently reliable & self-sufficient whilst being part of wider team.
Work environment is typically considered an office environment during normal or extended business hours.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customer s’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.