Sales and Market Development Specialist, Saudi-Arabia, Middle-East & Africa (80-100%) (flexible location) - #16751
Sales and Market Development Specialist, Saudi-Arabia, Middle-East & Africa (80-100%) (flexible location)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are looking for a highly motivated and well experienced Sales professional, who will help us to increase the sales of Medium Voltage Drive systems (VSDS) that help our customers to reach their sustainability targets. Working closely with the local country sales teams, you will be responsible for developing the opportunity funnel, securing the sales budget and gross margin targets in the selected region. Reporting to the Business Development Manager, you will use your experience and drive to build enduring customer relationships through excellent service various stages of first contact till order award. Do you want to cooperate with other sales teams concerning various promotion activities? If you are a communicative team player with strong technical knowledge and skills in market development, then join us as our new Sales and Market Development Specialist. ***The ideal candidate is based in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates or Qatar.***
- Lead all regional market development for our VSDS offering through the various stages of customer interactions from lead generation, bidding, pursuit and final negotiations.
- Oversee and actively drive collaboration with the frontend as well as the backend for the preparation of winning technical and commercial offers in line with Product Group, Division strategic direction and in full compliance with the instructions of ABB Group.
- Lead the local customer interaction for the offering, as you may contribute to international capture teams and closely collaborate with internal stakeholders, customers, and suppliers (machines, transformers) securing support to win these long-cycle projects.
- Responsible for the prioritization of must-win-pursuits as well as for taking the ownership for securing orders directly or indirectly.
- Detect early market opportunities in well-known applications as well as potential new applications. Verify market potentials with a trained eye for opportunities. Optimize system solutions for large projects and develop a strong system business in a growing region.
- Support the implementation of Product Group strategic actions, regional sales, market management as well as channel management initiatives and fulfill all relevant Product Group and Local Sales Unit requirements for processes and tools (forecasting, Salesforce, Risk Review).
- Present Medium Voltage Drive system solutions to direct buying customers or receiving end-users at sales visits, or as well at fairs and exhibitions.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in the fields of project sales or business development with sound knowledge of Medium Voltage Drive systems & applications.
- Sound knowledge of special features, customers, and supply chains across all relevant field.
- Degree in Engineering, further education in Business Administration or Project Management.
- A proven ability to develop and manage customer relationships.
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach, with strong written and spoken communication skills in English. Arabic language is a considered benefit.
- Willingness to travel as much as it is required to fulfill the business goals.
More about us
ABB System Drives is a global supplier of high-power, high-performance drives, drive systems and packages for industrial processes and large infrastructure applications. With our industry leading technology and global support, we help our customers, partners and equipment manufacturers with asset reliability, performance improvement and energy efficiency in mission critical applications. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day. ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Hybrid