RWJ-Assistant Food and Beverage Manager - #17181
Rosewood Hotel Group
Food & Beverage - Services
To function as the Assistant Business Manager and Assistant Marketing Specialist for the Food and Beverage Division, and to ensure that all the outlets and events operate successfully, in accordance with the standard of the hotel and are individually profitable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that the Food and Beverage activities are aligned with the respective corporate strategy, and that the hotel actions have been implemented where appropriate.
- Oversees the preparation and update of individual departmental operations manuals.
- Conducts regular divisional communications meetings and ensures that departmental briefings and meetings are effective and conducted as necessary.
- Ensures a smooth operation of the Food & Beverage division in the absence of the EAM Of F&B or the Director of F&B.
- Liaises with culinary division.
- Ensures that all associates deliver the brand promise and always provide exceptional guest service.
- Ensures that associates also provide excellent service to internal customers in other departments as appropriate.
- Spends time in public areas observing associate-guest interaction and talking with guests, working through department heads to coach associates in guest service skills as necessary.
- Ensures that all guest and internal customer complaints are resolved in a quick and efficient manner.
- Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
- Ensures that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented, and that optional brand standards have been implemented where appropriate.
- Monitors all operations, especially during peak business periods, working through the respective Department Head to adjust where necessary.
- Ensures that all Food and Beverage Essentials are introduced, implemented, and consistently maintained.
- Ensures that the Food and Beverage division responds to the results of the consumer audit and ensures that relevant changes are implemented.
- Works closely with other executive committee members in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
- Ensures that Food and Beverage associates work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments, in a spirit of “We work through Teams”.
- Ensures that all associates are up to date with the availability of seasonal and new products on the market.
- Tastes and monitors the food and beverage products served throughout the operation, providing feedback where appropriate.
- Maintains and assists in outlets during the absence of respective managers.
Rosewood Jeddah is situated in the heart of Jeddah’s Corniche in the fashionable northern corner of the city within easy reach of key business, diplomatic and designer shopping districts. The hotel itself is a distinctive modern building situated along the shores of the Red Sea with memorable views from the hotel’s guestrooms and luxury facilities, making it a popular destination for a Saudi Arabia vacation. The hotel’s name is inspired by the traditional culture and architecture of the city of Jeddah. The city’s history dates back more than two thousand years. As a major port on the Red Sea, Jeddah has been a destination on many adventurers’ voyages and journeys. Unesco described the oldest areas of Jeddah as a unique example of the historic urban architecture of the Mediterranean and the Arabian Peninsula. At Rosewood Jeddah the very best of modern design and technology is combined with the heritage, culture and traditions of the kingdom. The hotel appeals to both business and leisure travelers offering elegance and unparalleled personal service. One of the finest hotels in Jeddah and Saudi Arabia, Rosewood Jeddah was the first hotel in Jeddah to offer 24-hour butler service for all rooms. The hotel’s 127 rooms and suites are thoughtfully furnished and many offer stunning views of the Red Sea.