Riyadh Bureau Producer/Reporter - #16429
Sky News عربية
As part of the Bureau team you will be responsible for producing highly crafted broadcast packages and provide engaging lives for Sky News Arabia. You will also generate news-making and analytical content for Sky News Arabia's website and other digital platforms. You will initiate news stories and cover both breaking and pre-planned news. You will provide the country or regional expertise of events, working as part of an industry leading team. Sky News Arabia is distinguished by its excellent journalism. You may be required to work across the Middle East and North Africa or internationally.Key Responsibilities:
- Recognizes a news story, pursues it aggressively, researches and gathers the required material and to assemble for broadcast, and narrates it clearly and confidently on air and through written digital content.
- Gathers news using contacts and sources through personal interviews, wire services, news briefings by the government or press releases sent by companies.
- Follows all the latest developments and works with Abu Dhabi newsgathering team to set the agenda of news for the region.
- Works effectively as part of a team, co-operating with other members and demonstrating a collaborative and supportive approach in order to achieve the end result of delivering Sky News Arabia's requirements for original, distinctive journalism.
- Works well under pressure and is able to cover a diverse range of stories across different parts of the region when required. Equally comfortable dealing with minute-by minute breaking news and for longer on exclusive investigations.
- Journalist with considerable reporting experience over a number of years. Articulate and confident on air both in delivering live reports and in studio discussion.
- Experience in television news, including television news production.
- Experience in video production and/or graphic design.
- An excellent journalist with strong editorial judgment.
- Experience in writing for digital platforms.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team by co-operating with other members by demonstrating a collaborative and supportive approach.
- Camera / Edit experience would be an advantage.
- Works well under pressure and for long hours.
- Fluent in both written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience.
- Degree in journalism or relevant social science an advantage.
2. Passport-size photograph
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy closing dates are subject to change.