Resident Construction Engineer (Electrical) - #16488
Due to the expansion of works heading into 2024 we are looking to hire a dedicated and 'career development' focused Electrical Site Engineer to join our Ynabu Industrial City Program on the Red Sea Coast of Saudi Arabia.
This is a Field Electrical Engineer role in the Construction Management Team. The successful applicant will apply Electrical Engineering expertise on electrical distribution and service utility systems for residential and housing developments, buildings single and multi-story, lighting, infrastructure and community construction projects.
Reporting to a Senior Resident Construction Manager the successful applicant will be responsible for monitoring and inspection of on-site electrical installation activities and testing and commissioning; Provide technical guidance to contractors and utilize your expertise to ensure that the permanent works are constructed per the contract in accordance with applicable codes, standards, approved drawings and specifications, budget and schedule.
Duties will include (but not limited to):-
- Monitors construction contractors' works and electrical installations and testing activities.
- Monitors and reports contractors’ performance on all aspects of the contractors works to include health and safety, KPI compliance.
- Witnesses contractors' quality control inspections to ensure that the permanent works are constructed according to the contract, applicable codes, standards, approved drawings and specifications
- Witnesses all testing, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up activities to assure contractors' compliance with the approved plans and procedures.
- Reviews contractor-submitted shop and as-built drawings, materials submittals, tie-in procedures, project schedules, and work permits; and coordinates with the concerned departments for obtaining their approval and/or their comments.
- Reviews contractors' electrical quality assurance and quality control programs, Inspection and test plans, installation, testing, pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures, for electrical equipment and cable work, and provides comments for transmittal to the contractors.
- Arranges meetings between the contractor and concerned departments to resolve interfacing problems during construction,
- Organizes, coordinates, and conducts in conjunction with the concerned departments acceptance inspections and re-inspections of the completed permanent works, until all deficiencies are corrected and signed off.
- Reviews contractors' invoices for correctness of installed quantities for the electrical portion of the permanent works.
- Initiates and prepares for SRCM draft electrical related letters, memos or reports to contractors and other Departments.
Must have qualifications and credenital include:
- Bachelors’ degree in electrical engineering.
- Circa 8 years of solid practical experience.
- Field knowledge of design in electrical work, preferably for electrical building works,
- Must have or be able to obtain Saudi Drivers’ License.
- Desired project type experience; buildings and infrastructure.
- At least 3 years Middle East work experience is required.
Proficiency with AutoCAD is desirable.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/None Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran