Reservation Agent - #25071
We’re always looking for new ways to raise the bar. So, we’re searching for a Reservation Agent with a track record of driving sales and smashing targets to help us fill our rooms, meeting suites and banquet halls.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
- Book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel in accordance with established standards and scripts using the hotel’s reservations system; process reservations from the sales, reservations centers or travel agencies/wholesalers. Designate and apply appropriate travel agency commissions.
- Up-sell rooms where possible according to established procedures to maximize hotel average room rate; utilize yield management strategies to ensure a full house whenever possible. Suggest alternate dates for sold-out periods.
- Process cancellations, revisions and information updates on changes; process guest reservation requests for other hotels within the reservations system.
- Stay abreast of current rates, rate changes and all promotions; assist in rooms forecasting. Complete daily logs according to established procedures.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. Notify sales of any group bookings.
- May assist with other duties as assigned such running daily reports, e.g. the cancellation, booking, or arrival reports.
What We need from you:
- Experience in reservations beneficial but not essential
- Hands-on approach with a can-do work style
- Commitment to delivering exceptional guest service with a passion for the hospitality industry
- Ability to find creative solutions taking ownership for duties and tasks assigned
- Personal integrity, with the ability to work in an environment that demands excellence
- Experience of working with IT systems on various platforms
- Strong communication skills
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through my Wellbeing
framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey? As the world’s first and most global luxury hotel brand, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has pioneered international travel since the 1940s, we are passionate about sharing our renowned international know-how and cultural wisdom in truly impressive surroundings. We all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental brand and to be part of the brand you will have a thirst for travel, passion for culture and appreciation for diversity. We create inspiring experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. If you’d like to embrace a world of opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand. Let’s Go Further Together
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.