RADIOCHEMIST II - #16631
King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre
Performs duties within at least one of the following groups as primary work function: radiochemistry operations in hot cells area; OR radiopharmaceuticals manufacturing in production area OR testing products in Quality Control / Quality Assurance (QC/QA) area OR Research & Development (R&D) in the Research Section.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Understands the technical duties. Complies with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) guidelines for radiopharmaceuticals handling or quality parameters, or the applicable methodologies.
2. Uses standard laboratory equipment in proper manner; performs calibrations, validations and maintenance of equipment. Maintains good records.
3. Understands stability and shelf-life of products and reagents; assists in establishing guidelines for shelf-life studies.
4. Applies chemical and radiochemical principles, and performs research and development activities within the Section and the Department.
5. Prepares raw materials and reagents according to the established procedures; assists in ordering supplies Maintains inventory.
6. Performs duties customary of a similar grade position within the Research Centre.
7. Understands and adheres to the radiation protection regulations; ensures compliance with highest level of radiation safety according to ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) principle of radiation protection.
8. Assists in preparation and updating of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) documentation.
Master or Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, Biology, Chemistry, Nuclear Medicine Technology or other related discipline is required.
. Four (4) years of related experience with Master’s Degree or six (6) years with Bachelor’s degree is required.