Quarry Supervisor - #16601
Deka Minas (Pty) Ltd
Please note that this position is based in The Middle East, relocation, accommodation and additional benefits apply.
A trusted and well established client of ours in The Middle East is seeking an experienced Quarry Supervisor to manage the daily operations of their limestone quarry.
- Safety and Compliance: Ensuring adherence to safety and environmental standards.
- Production Planning: Prepare blasting schedules and oversee blasting activities. Developing schedules to meet limestone demand efficiently.
- Equipment Management: Overseeing heavy machinery such as excavators, loaders, and crushers maintenance and operation.
- Inventory Management: Monitoring and managing the inventory of limestone materials, as well as tracking production output and quality.
- Quality Control: Implementing measures to maintain product standards.
- Personnel Supervision: Managing and directing quarry workers for efficiency and safety.
- Reporting: Providing performance, safety, and compliance reports to management.
- Proven experience in quarry operations (minimum 5 years).
- Strong knowledge of quarrying equipment and processes.
- Effective leadership and safety management skills.
- Willingness to work in a physically demanding outdoor environment.
- Supervision or Management experience in a union environment
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be successful working with limited direct supervision
Engineering Degree – Mining or geological engineering Preferred or proven equivalent quarry experience.
Please note that by submitting your personal information to Deka Minas you free-willingly issue the business consent to make use of such data for the specific purpose of securing you either permanent or temporary employment. Our business makes use of a POPIA compliant database and you have the right to access, right to correction and right to deletion of your personal information.